Question on splitting faces.

ihate17

A good point about the money

Mike:

I agree with your point about the money being bet. I generally tell a red chip counter, who might play the shoe game at MGM as an example, to not even worry about cover. Generally, they will not even know he is there, will not rate him and might turn for a second when he puts out a max bet. Now the same guy at Barbary Coast might be shown the door in 45 minutes. You got to know your opposition and their sweat level.

Also, related to the money, I like to play with people who bet higher amounts than I do. I have sat in high limit rooms, betting $100-$1,000 on a double deck game and hardly got a notice for long period of times. Reason, I am playing on a table with guys who average perhaps around $5,000 per hand. Take that same bet spread to a green chip table in most places and I am the big bettor and getting extra unwanted attention. The money is not the equation, but it is an important part of it.

And do not forget, as ScottH said, "ploppies rule!!"

ihate17

ScottH

Mackhack said:
That seems an interesting point with ploopies at the table. I never thought about it that they can even help taking heat away.
They can help take away heat, but they also take away EV!

Mackhack

@Scott: you right. I love to play at the 25 bucks minimum table at the MGM at 3 am. No one is bothering you, you play heads on and with a little bit of luck,... The trip is paid off just from this table!