Quickie: Can't recall indices for 88 v A, T

Lonesome Gambler

I did a search and couldn't find the answer, so I apologize for a question that I know has been answered on here before. Can anyone help me with the Hi-Lo indices for a 6D S17 game for surrendering 88 v T and 88 v A? I know they're 1 and 0, respectively, for H17 games. Thanks in advance!

LIB

Hope you never get to use either.

For CE adjusted Hi-Lo indices, I have
>=1 for 88 v. T
>=7 for 88 v. 9.

As far as I know, no surrender for 88 v. A in a 6D S17 game.

psyduck

Lonesome Gambler said:
I did a search and couldn't find the answer, so I apologize for a question that I know has been answered on here before. Can anyone help me with the Hi-Lo indices for a 6D S17 game for surrendering 88 v T and 88 v A? I know they're 1 and 0, respectively, for H17 games. Thanks in advance!
Here is what I have:

88 vs 10: surrender at TC>=2
88 vs A: play

jack.jackson

LIB said:
For CE adjusted Hi-Lo indices, I have
>=1 for 88 v. T
>=7 for 88 v. 9.

As far as I know, no surrender for 88 v. A in a 6D S17 game.
Dont think there are any for S17 since two 18s beat S17. Could be wrong though.

Lonesome Gambler

Thanks for the responses, everyone. To simplify matters, does anyone know the index if we're simply looking to maximize expectation? I'm somewhat clueless when it comes to generating indices, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be great. Thanks!

assume_R

Lonesome Gambler said:
Thanks for the responses, everyone. To simplify matters, does anyone know the index if we're simply looking to maximize expectation? I'm somewhat clueless when it comes to generating indices, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be great. Thanks!
CVindex gives me the following for 6 deck, 4.4/6 - 4.6/6 pen, S17, HiLo (Full Indices), DAS, EV-maximizing:

8,8 vs. 10: Surrender if TC >= +4
8,8 vs. A: Always Play

jack.jackson

assume_R said:
CVindex gives me the following for 6 deck, 4.4/6 - 4.6/6 pen, S17, HiLo (Full Indices), DAS, EV-maximizing:

8,8 vs. 10: Surrender if TC >= +4
8,8 vs. A: Always Play
Is there much difference if they were Ndas?

assume_R

jack said:
Is there much difference if they were Ndas?
Let's find out.

Running cvindex with NDAS...

8,8 vs. 10: Surrender if TC >= +1
8,8 vs. A: Play

So without being able to double after you split, you don't want to split those 8's as often. I suppose that comes from all the times you get a 2 or 3 after you split them. So without DAS, at a TC of +1, +2, and +3, surrender instead of trying to split them.

Edit: Since the 10 vs 10 index for doubling is +4, and the 11 vs. 10 index for doubling is -4, I suppose it actually only matters in those times when you get a 3 on your split 8. It's interesting that just the possibility of getting a 3 on one of your 8's with a DAS moves the surrender index from +1 to +4.

Last edited:

jack.jackson

assume_R said:
Let's find out.

Running cvindex with NDAS...

8,8 vs. 10: Surrender if TC >= +1
8,8 vs. A: Play

So without being able to double after you split, you don't want to split those 8's as often. I suppose that comes from all the times you get a 2 or 3 after you split them. So without DAS, at a TC of +1, +2, and +3, surrender instead of trying to split them.

Edit: Since the 10 vs 10 index for doubling is +4, and the 11 vs. 10 index for doubling is -4, I suppose it actually only matters in those times when you get a 3 on your split 8. It's interesting that just the possibility of getting a 3 on one of your 8's with a DAS moves the surrender index from +1 to +4.
Of course 88vX only matters if its DAS or not. That goes for both whether surrender is or isnt allowed when it comes to splitting them. The thing about it is, you hardly ever get S17 with DAS. Its usually S17 NDAS or H17 DAS from my experience, so if i were to generate indices i would probably keep these rules in mind.