RA insurance with 2 hands

Gamblor

For those who use RA insurance, what do you when lets say you have a 20 on one hand and 16 on another, and lets say the RA index is such that it says to insure 20 and not 16?

I usually wind up insuring both (unless other circumstances dictate otherwise), because it feels strange to insure only one hand, as hedging is very much against an APs nature.

RA insuring has you insuring blackjack much lower than the index if not always. 20 a little lower than your index and other hands at your index. This controls variance.

I like the idea of insuring the weaker hand on the felt it looks ploppyish. I usually insure the good hand and say, "Always insure good hands and big bets".

Gamblor said:
For those who use RA insurance, what do you when lets say you have a 20 on one hand and 16 on another, and lets say the RA index is such that it says to insure 20 and not 16?

I usually wind up insuring both (unless other circumstances dictate otherwise), because it feels strange to insure only one hand, as hedging is very much against an APs nature.
Its a good little extra cover to only insure the good hand (or alternately only
insure the bad hand so you don't jinx the good one). Whats the problem? zg

Gamblor

Yes, good for light cover if someone is looking. Not really worthwhile if not, which is most of the time.

When cover isn't a consideration, its essentially insuring for less, and hedging is anathema to APs. Might as well start doubling for less.

Figured in situations like this, might as well go full insurance even if you RA indices indicate to insure one but not the other, as the one good hand of 20 provides the lower variance anyway.

Renzey

Gamblor said:
In that case, Insure the 16 only! It will bring the exact same combined monatary result on the two hands as Insuring the 20 only. Tell them you're trying to buy your way out of a bad hand.