RAPM Betting advice based on running count.

In both of Lawerence Revere's books Advanced Plus Minus and RPC for multiple decks he states that you should bet your money based on the running count and make you playing adjustments based on the true count. I understand that his betting advice is outdated and everything but what exactly was he trying to do here? I'm especially curious about the Advanced Plus Minus; if anyone has any additional info on it and it's modern use it would be appreciated.

Johnny21 said:
In both of Lawerence Revere's books Advanced Plus Minus and RPC for multiple decks he states that you should bet your money based on the running count and make you playing adjustments based on the true count. I understand that his betting advice is outdated and everything but what exactly was he trying to do here? I'm especially curious about the Advanced Plus Minus; if anyone has any additional info on it and it's modern use it would be appreciated.
YES, betting by RC was one of Revere's contributions - its more accurate in MULTI deck -
-- BUT it requires a small chart. I engraved my RC betting chart on a lighter. zg

zengrifter said:
YES, betting by RC was one of Revere's contributions - its more accurate in MULTI deck -
-- BUT it requires a small chart. I engraved my RC betting chart on a lighter. zg
Is it better than using the running count or was it something he did before he discovered TC conversion? Cnn you help me decipher how it is actually supposed to be used (it has a deck number, followed by two unit bet, parlay and two hands)? Is it worthwhile to learn this method of betting?

bj bob

Johnny21 said:
Revere's use of the RC for betting is, in fact more accurate than the true count conversion which, for most normal folk can be rather vague if calculated in real table-time. It is based on exact numbers. The only drawback is it is rather cumbersome to learn. As Zg mentioned he has the charts engraved on his lighter.
. I myself just bit the bullet and committed the betting sequences to memory from the get-go. Ignorance was truly bliss in those days! I could spout off those betting sequences as well as my own phone number.
It does seem like he did indeed put some serious thought into them also. Just take the number for the two-handed max. bets for the top of the DD for example. The sequence calls for 7.If you actually compared it to the Hi-Lo TC you would notice that the reason it's not 8 is that by the time you have the opportunity to place two max. bets, you would have to have dealt a quarter of a deck anyway, therefore lining up with Hi-Lo TC 4. The only downside to Revere's RC format is his accuracy for insurance betting.