Rename this forum Voodoo Betting Strategies?

Rename this forum to "Voodoo Betting Strategies"?

• YES

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • NO

Votes: 16 45.7%

• Total voters

sagefr0g

supercoolmancool said:
Actually interestingly enough gravity is not really a force between masses as most will have you belive but is due to the curvature of space that is caused by the masses. The Sun is so huge that is curves space and that is why the planets orbit instead of slamming into eachother. They follow the path of space which is curved. The further away the more parallel space is and less curved the path. Also Earth is large enough to curve space too and objects dropped are just traveling along the curved space created by the masive earth.
i think that a nice concise explaination. do you have a similar explaination for the physical nature of charge (ie. those of electrons & protons) ?

ScottH

supercoolmancool said:
Actually interestingly enough gravity is not really a force between masses as most will have you belive but is due to the curvature of space that is caused by the masses. The Sun is so huge that is curves space and that is why the planets orbit instead of slamming into eachother. They follow the path of space which is curved. The further away the more parallel space is and less curved the path. Also Earth is large enough to curve space too and objects dropped are just traveling along the curved space created by the masive earth.
Yeah, massive objects curve space-time. Like you said, when you drop an object they are just following the curved space. Depending on how curved the space is, you need to reach a certain velocity to get it to not follow that path.

Black holes are really interesting because they curve space-time so much that not even light has a high enough velocity to escape it.

supercoolmancool

sagefr0g said:
i think that a nice concise explaination. do you have a similar explaination for the physical nature of charge (ie. those of electrons & protons) ?

The force between charges (electrons, protons) is F = K(qq/r^2) and the force of gravity is F = G(mm/r^2). As you can see they are the same equationish.

My teacher said there was a deep meaning but I don't remember what it is or even if it only exists in theories.

Nobody knows how or why electrons or even gravity really work. As stated in my physics book, "Should we attribute gravitaion to the curvature of spacetime due to the presence of masses or to a force between masses? Or should we attribute it to the actions of a type of fundamental particle called a gravitron, as conjectured in some modern physics theories? We just don't know."

In physics when two equations are similar more times than not there is a connection.

ScottH

supercoolmancool said:
The force between charges (electrons, protons) is F = K(qq/r^2) and the force of gravity is F = G(mm/r^2). As you can see they are the same equationish.

My teacher said there was a deep meaning but I don't remember what it is or even if it only exists in theories.

Nobody knows how or why electrons or even gravity really work. As stated in my physics book, "Should we attribute gravitaion to the curvature of spacetime due to the presence of masses or to a force between masses? Or should we attribute it to the actions of a type of fundamental particle called a gravitron, as conjectured in some modern physics theories? We just don't know."

In physics when two equations are similar more times than not there is a connection.
Well, the nuetron is a really dense body of matter, so it could curve space just as the sun can. It obviously would curve a much smaller space, but it curves space enough to cause electrons to orbit it. That sounds like a possible connection.

So the electrons orbiting a nuetron is like planets orbiting the sun. Something like that.

jomoats said:
I'm putting the genie back in the bottle. Sorry to have disturbed the voodooites. My spaceship is on its way to beam me up.
Please repost your articles here. Start a new thread for them in this forum.

Thanks in advance, zg

sagefr0g

ScottH said:
Well, the nuetron is a really dense body of matter, so it could curve space just as the sun can. It obviously would curve a much smaller space, but it curves space enough to cause electrons to orbit it. That sounds like a possible connection.

So the electrons orbiting a nuetron is like planets orbiting the sun. Something like that.
you probably mean nucleous as in the nucleous of an atom. relatively tightly packed neutrons and protons reside in the nucleous of an atom. the older classic idea of the atom was indeed like a mini solar system. electrons orbiting the nucleous of the atom in shells around it. later with quantum mechanics the electrons were viewed as wave functions in various orbitals about the nucleous.
there are also relativivstic treatments of electrons. i was just curious about a neat concise exlpaination of charge similar that Supercool gave for gravity.

sagefr0g

supercoolmancool said:

yeah when i learned about that stuff the professors did pretty much hand waving in regard to the concept of charge. i always wondered what the physical nature of charge was. i believe it has to do with the concept of symmetry. anything that has charge is known as a continuous symmetry generator. When a physical system has a symmetry of some sort, Noether's theorem implies the existence of a conserved current. (this i just found in Wikpedia) . oh well i'm just interested so i thought i'd take the opportunity to ask if you had a concise explaination for charge like you had for gravity.
and yeah the gravitron idea has a corrollary idea with respect to how electrons and protrons are attracted i believe. supposedly there is an exchange of sub-atomic particles some type of muon i believe. wherein it is the exchange of these particles that brings about the bond between charged particles.

supercoolmancool

No such description exists. Nobody knows why charges attract or repel. And nobody really knows how gravity works. There are a lot of theories though. My teacher, I believe, is a leading researcher on string theory and he has a lot of crazy ideas and was just imparting some of his insight.

ScottH

supercoolmancool said:
No such description exists. Nobody knows why charges attract or repel. And nobody really knows how gravity works. There are a lot of theories though. My teacher, I believe, is a leading researcher on string theory and he has a lot of crazy ideas and was just imparting some of his insight.
I don't think it's all that important to know WHY gravity works, more imporant is HOW it works.

And yes, frog, I meant to say nucleus. It's been a while since I've taken a science course...

sagefr0g

ScottH said:
I don't think it's all that important to know WHY gravity works, more imporant is HOW it works.

And yes, frog, I meant to say nucleus. It's been a while since I've taken a science course...
right it's the how not the why..... been thirty five years for me :eek: .
way much new ideas have been floated since back then i know.
the idea of charges being continuous symetry generator and Noether's theorem
along with how positive and negative charged particles interact, how they can be described by the Shrodinger wave equation ( a statistical probablistic equation) and the Pauli exclusion principle interests me with respect to the game of blackjack and the symmetrical nature of the positive and negative value cards and the statitistical way that we view advantage.

supercoolmancool said:
"Nobody knows nuthin!" -- my father
Science agrees - science is just a way of saying "Something, we know not what, is doing something, we know not what!" zg

sagefr0g

zengrifter said:
"Nobody knows nuthin!" -- my father
Science agrees - science is just a way of saying "Something, we know not what, is doing something, we know not what!" zg
yah like the ole story of the blind guys describing an elephant....

jomoats said:
Just making you aware that all progressions shouldn't be labeled voodoo.
If you want a sense of what I'm up against, read my post titled "Throp left the gate before the gun was fired." over at advantage player (Parker's pages)
it's about six weeks old. Another post on BJ21 I asking "Attn:Wong, Schlesinger,Snyder" if they would publish. Although they may claim they hadn't read it, I'm sure someone would have made them aware of it. Not one of them responded publicly or privately. No answer is an answer.

Here is the entire "Throp left the gate before the gun was fired" discussion :

(Dead link: http://www.advantageplayer.com/blackjack/forums/bj-main/webbbs.cgi?noframes;read=21529)

Here is the entire "Attn:Wong, Schlesinger,Snyder" if they would publish" discussion:

http://www.bj21.com/frames/index.html

Please Joomats. I am an academic with a math backround. Tell me!!!!!
I am sure that, if I can't, someone can help you with your system from this site.

Sonny

supercoolmancool said:
Please Joomats. I am an academic with a math backround. Tell me!!!!!
I am sure that, if I can't, someone can help you with your system from this site.
He's already turned down numerous offers to help analyze his system. He is no longer looking for help, now he is looking for a "management team" and investors for his Progression Team:

cut and paste this (without the quotes) into your browser:
"www.bj21.com/boards/free/free_board/index.cgi?read=153184"

It looks like he's more concerned with marketing it than making it useful. We may have the birth of a new John Patrick on our hands here folks!

-Sonny-

Sonny said:
He's already turned down numerous offers to help analyze his system. He is no longer looking for help, now he is looking for a "management team" and investors for his Progression Team:
I may have a good investor list around here... IF I can be on the team. zg