Response to why surrender

I was playing the other night and was on a streak where I kept getting 16 vs 10 or blackjack. I always surrender 16 vs 10. This women who was getting crushed kept busting my balls about surrendering so finally I said I don't come here to lose all my money like you I come here to only lose half my money. The dealer was laughing so hard he couldn't deal.

im going to have to steal that line and use it one day.

I usaully explain to them theres 13 cards and I have 5 outs, you do the math. If you don't like me surrendering you can buy my hand off of me.(Try it you can sometimes get lucky and get someone to give you your full bet back, but I play with minimum bets so maybe you green and black chip players won't be so lucky.)

London Colin said:
To which they should respond - 'So why not also surrender your 16 against an 8 or a 7?'
hmmm thats never come up but thinking about I would say. If i do make my hand more often then not the dealer is going to hit a face card so I will either push or win.

London Colin said:
To which they should respond - 'So why not also surrender your 16 against an 8 or a 7?'
hmmm thats never come up but thinking about I would say. If i do make my hand more often then not the dealer is going to hit a face card so I will either push or win. Compared to if I do hit my hand on 16 vs 10 and I will still get killed.

Renzey

CalgaryBlackJack said:
I usaully explain to them theres 13 cards and I have 5 outs, you do the math.
And of those 13 cards, you actually have only 3 outs that will make you the favorite (the 3, 4 and 5). The other 10 cards will either bust you, or leave you as a decided underdog (3-to-1 with the Ace, and 7-to-5 with the deuce).