Rio Robbed!!

forwhat77

Dejavu?

Similiar to the Bellagio heist just a few months ago. One day after Bellagio robber in court! Just occured three hours ago..0445

Crime begets more crime. I can see another chip heist or two this year if criminals think it's easy to get away. They learned not to steal the $25000 chips and not to use a taxi as a getaway vehicle.

Sucker

Small word of warning to those of us who choose to play blackjack unrated: As of last night, the Rio was requiring ALL people to show ID when cashing out, no matter HOW small the cashout. The woman at the window next to me had to show her driver's license in order to cash out $35 in red chips!

BJLFS

Sucker said:
Small word of warning to those of us who choose to play blackjack unrated: As of last night, the Rio was requiring ALL people to show ID when cashing out, no matter HOW small the cashout. The woman at the window next to me had to show her driver's license in order to cash out $35 in red chips!
They are getting serious!

BJLFS

But wait!! There's more!

Audio from the cab's surveillance system caught Gao saying he was upset he dropped a $10,000 chip and telling Yamaguchi to hide a gun, according to the report.
After they met, both men went to Land's house on Retriever Street, where Gao allegedly buried some of the stolen chips in the backyard. Police recovered $17,000 worth of chips, a wig and a black shoulder bag from Land's home, according to the report.

Land also confessed his alleged role to Metro, saying he knew he was wrong but that he was more interested in being repaid a gambling debt by Gao, the report stated.
Yamaguchi and Land have no criminal history in Clark County, but Gao's record includes traffic violations in 2000; using bad checks in 1999; a series of domestic violence charges in 1998 stemming from a battery charge, which was later dropped; and using counterfeit bills in 1994.

http://www.democraticwarrior.com/fo...bbery-suspects-identified&p=399602#post399602

BJLFS

Court hearings scheduled for two men accused in Rio robbery

Two of the three Las Vegas men accused in last Thursday's robbery of the Rio will make appearances Tuesday morning in Las Vegas Justice Court.

Edward Hua Land, 41, and Hiroyuki Yamaguchi, 61, will have separate hearings at 7:30 a.m. before Judge Deborah Lippis. Land will have a 72-hour probable cause hearing and Yamaguchi will be arraigned at that time.

Yamaguchi had a 72-hour probable cause hearing this morning, when his arraignment date was set.

http://www.DemocraticWarrior.com/forum/showthread.php?112583-Rio-robbery-suspects-identified&p=399695&viewfull=1#post399695

FLASH1296

There is no such thing as a $10,000 chip.

It goes from $5,000 to $25,000 (at least in the U S A)

As long as I am on the verge of yet another pontificating disquisition I will add just the following ...

"goombah" means a guy's [male] companion, like a buddy he drinks and gambles with.

"goomah" [no 'b'] means a man's mistress; denotation specific to a married man.

Last edited:

tedsuxs

Sucker said:
This tilts me...

You would think a thief smart enough to steal the $25000 chips and instead steal the black chips would also be smart enough to make a fake ID or have others cash out his chips.