Risky, but it works..

paddywhack said:
I doubt any of us here are working on any progression systems, but we'll keep you in mind.
I guess I have lots of time...because I work on progressions many a time. I have made money; ok, blame it on variance or the sacred flow, but I'm still in the profit.

paddywhack

Give it time

picasso said:
I guess I have lots of time...because I work on progressions many a time. I have made money; ok, blame it on variance or the sacred flow, but I'm still in the profit.
Give it time and you'll eventually see the light. ;)

In the meantime maybe you and mikeinjersey could collaborate as you both have similar perspectives on the game :laugh::laugh:

mikeinjersey said:
fine...I wont try to help anymore.

go lose your money with other silly progressions.
My practical advice to you mikeinjersey is: keep playing it until you lose it. There is nothing like reality therapy.

psyduck

picasso said:
It is hard to argue about the reality that you are still in the profit. Good for you. I hope it will keep going for you. Just do not reach the long run.

Sonny

shadroch said:
If you leap off a tall building while blindfolded, you just might belive a man truly can fly. Until you go in for the landing.
Unless the building was infinitely tall? :devil:

-Sonny-

gamblingghost

shadroch said:
If you leap off a tall building while blindfolded, you just might belive a man truly can fly. Until you go in for the landing.
If the man has a fancy outfit on and little wings and a motor, we might think, hmm, can he fly? If he hops into a Cessna 172 and taxis out to the runway we would think, hmm, he has a very good chance of flying and getting
to where he wants to go. All the while he is saying to himself as he cruises along at 110 knots, "so far so good"!!:)

Nazgul

gamblingghost said:
If he hops into a Cessna 172 and taxis out to the runway we would think, hmm, he has a very good chance of flying and getting to where he wants to go.
Yes because he is using a vehicle that we know is effective. If he rode a bicycle off a building we would all point and laugh because we know that a bicycle doesn't fly. If he was also holding a book titled "Why bicycles can't fly" then we would be pointing laughing and doing a facepalm. If he was also telling other people that riding a bicycle off a building can make you fly we would be pointing laughing facepalming and poiting out how stupid he is.

That's what the voodoo forum is.

gamblingghost

You ever flown a 172 in rough weather? You will quickly begin to wonder
how "effective" this machine is! The point, nothing is guaranteed. Mine
had carburator icing in the middle of the summer! Scary!!:eek:
I take that back. One thing is guaranteed, martingales suck!:eek:

Nazgul

gamblingghost said:
Mine had carburator icing in the middle of the summer! Scary!!:eek:
Yikes! Where's the nearest corn field?! :laugh:

But that's a good point. Something can be effective but still not very efficient. Speed count anyone?

picasso said:
darn...I finally had some backup, but he's already banned. :(

zengrifter said:
To protect and to serve YOU. zg
ty honey.. I feel the love.

I'm debating now whether or not to split to 2 hands (just once) on my next trip...somewhere in the middle of my losing streak. like after I lose 4 straight....split to 2 hands just once....then go back to 1 hand.

mathematically speaking, I wonder if it makes any difference at all.. anybody ?

If you really, really think about it. going 1 vs. 1 against the dealer & losing 9 or 10 hands in a row sometimes won't happen for a long, long time. Especially when going AGAINST basic strategy. I'll be honest, I think that's how i've basically prevented myself from losing 9 or 10 many times. (staying on 15 when dealer has 10 , etc ) Of course I would ONLY do that if I saw a ton a facecards come right before then.

but do what you want, don't believe me...its fine. I'll still love ya.

mikeinjersey said:
ty honey.. I feel the love.

I'm debating now whether or not to split to 2 hands (just once) on my next trip...somewhere in the middle of my losing streak. like after I lose 4 straight....split to 2 hands just once....then go back to 1 hand.

mathematically speaking, I wonder if it makes any difference at all.. anybody ?
I feel it too, Mikey!

2 hands make no difference, except that it will decrease the variance and give you an excuse to bet an aggregate amount larger than just a single hand.

So... if your progression requires a single hand bet of 16u, you could jump it to 2 hands of 12u. After that bet continue playing both hands BUT run them separately for progression...

... or just end this folly before it becomes chronic and irreversible. zg

Sonny

mikeinjersey said:
darn...I finally had some backup, but he's already banned. :(
Already banned? He was spreading that nonsense for over 2 months! I feel bad for letting him stay that long.

He was banned because he didn't listen to anyone but himself, repeatedly made false/unfounded/harmful claims, tried to convince people that his silly progression system worked and never spent any time learning about the game or analyzing his system. Take the hint. If you continue to follow in his footsteps you will find yourself on the same websites as him surrounded by degenerate gamblers. Think about what you are trying to accomplish and decide which website is better for you.

-Sonny-

shadroch

Sonny said:
Already banned? He was spreading that nonsense for over 2 months! I feel bad for letting him stay that long.

He was banned because he didn't listen to anyone but himself, repeatedly made false/unfounded/harmful claims, tried to convince people that his silly progression system worked and never spent any time learning about the game or analyzing his system. Take the hint. If you continue to follow in his footsteps you will find yourself on the same websites as him surrounded by degenerate gamblers. Think about what you are trying to accomplish and decide which website is better for you.

-Sonny-
Think about all the ad revenue his posts added to the site.