Rookie

PrinceDragon said:
JSTAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::(:eek:

Didn't you have enough "FUN" on Snyder's site???

Nothing personal bro,but PLEASE STOP IT!!!

P.D.
I was attacked here by EasyRhino last week. He called my You Tube video "crap" . I have over 90,000 views, so they can't be all that bad. He also said that I ignored side counting aces. That also is not true. What am I supposed to do, sit on my hands?

Sonny

sneakykid said:
has anyone tried jstat?
It's a decent system if you don't mind keeping several different side counts, memorizing extra multi-parameter indices and possibly having an aneurysm at the table. The basic system without the side counts is very ineffective. Even the advanced system isn’t really worth the effort it takes to use. It’s like sharpening a butter knife to cut through leather; It will work slightly better but using a different tool would be much more effective. Here are some sim results for the basic system:

The game was a 6 deck, S17, DAS, DOA, 75% pen, NS, using all of Powersim's defaults.

Result:

JstatII: 1.46% edge, SCORE: 26.86
Hi Lo: 2.03% edge. SCORE: 49.98

-------------------------

(Note: No side count was performed with Jstat)

A touch disappointing. Perhaps in a deeply dealt, single deck game (with a side count), Jstat would shine. But for table hopping, it appears to be a little anemic.

http://www.blackjackforumonline.com/w-agora/view.php?bn=bjf_forum&key=1212894021

-Sonny-

johndoe

JSTAT said:
JSTATII advantage was validated by respected posters on Wong's and Synder's pages. High/low was bungled by Julian Braun in "Beat The Dealer". Braun admitted this in his book in 1980.
Please post references to your "validation", and some actual evidence and reasons that Hi-lo doesn't work. It looks like you've been thoroughly debunked multiple times.

I use combinational analysis and a calculator which is more accurate than computer sims. Using subsets really shows the power of JSTATII over hi-lo. For example, we are playing two hands heads up at single deck. Our first hand is A,A and the second is A,9. The dealer shows an ace and asks for insurance. The hi-lo count is -4, not an insurable count . JSTATII differs because taking insurance is a positive expectation event in this situation. +1 with four aces gone with less than 1/4 deck played takes about +3.5 and above to gain the insurance advantage. 4 aces and +1 equals +5, we take the insurance while the hi-lo player misses out. We can use may subsets to prove the power of JSTATII over hi-lo.

johndoe

Please show your "combinatorial analysis", and also please describe exactly why this is more accurate than running simulations.

Sonny

JSTAT said:
I use combinational analysis and a calculator which is more accurate than computer sims.
True, but it is also incredibly slower. You would have to do a full CA for every single subset of cards and weight each one properly. That could easily take centuries using a hand calculator. At this rate we will not know anything about your system in our lifetimes. A simulation might only take 30 minutes or less and would still produce reliable results. The sim above probably took less than an hour and it already gives us more information that you have given. It surprises me that you would make such bold claims without sufficient mathematical support.

So how many subsets have you analyzed so far? Which ones? How many more do you have left?

-Sonny-

nottooshabby

JSTAT said:
I was attacked here by EasyRhino last week. He called my You Tube video "crap" . I have over 90,000 views, so they can't be all that bad. He also said that I ignored side counting aces. That also is not true. What am I supposed to do, sit on my hands?
In a related story, "Gigli" grossed over $7.2 million at the box office . . .

callipygian

Sonny said:
You would have to do a full CA for every single subset of cards and weight each one properly. That could easily take centuries using a hand calculator.
Using Microsoft Excel 2007, I was able to do this with a 6-deck shoe (H17, LS, DOA, DAS, RSall) with about 15 minutes of computational time. The results were that perfect composition-based play decreased the house edge from 0.57% to 0.42%.

EasyRhino

JSTAT said:
I was attacked here by EasyRhino last week. He called my You Tube video "crap" . I have over 90,000 views, so they can't be all that bad. He also said that I ignored side counting aces. That also is not true.
To be fair, I wasn't attempting to insult you directly, just responding off the cuff to a youtube video from an unknown author. And I will confess that I didn't not analyze the techniques thoroughly in the video. However...

- A ten-count by itself is not a good idea for anyone to learn, unless their ONLY goal is insurace betting (like in conjunction with another counter)
- I wouldn't recommend an ace side count for anyone starting out. Or indeed many experience people.
- I wouldn't recommend a 3 or 4 parameter count for anyone, ever.

callipygian

JSTAT said:
I was attacked here by EasyRhino last week. He called my You Tube video "crap" . I have over 90,000 views, so they can't be all that bad.
For those who are unfamiliar with YouTube, let me give you a rundown of what videos get 90,000 views.

University of Florida student Tasered at Kerry forum
University of Florida student Andrew Meyer is Tasered and arrested after causing a disturbance at a town hall forum ...

Insane Poker Bluff
Humberto brenes getting owned by scotty nguyen ...

How It's Made - BACON
Watch how one of the nation most beloved food is prepared! ...

911 Conspiracy predicted in X-Files
A tiny clip from Lone Gunmen Episode 1: Pilot, Aired on March 4, 2001. 287,183 views

Retard
$200 dollar question. she lost. how stupid. ...

What is a Yeast Infection ?
This video animation illustrates how bacteria coexists with a yeast fungus in the vagina and when conditions change it ...

Belly Button Lint Collection
Each day for 1 month I retrieved the lint that had gathered in my belly button. I ended up with a collection that is a ...

Congratulations, your YouTube video beat out a video of someone's effing belly button lint collection and a description of vaginal yeast infections. :laugh:

nottooshabby

callipygian said:
For those who are unfamiliar with YouTube, let me give you a rundown of what videos get 90,000 views.

University of Florida student Tasered at Kerry forum
University of Florida student Andrew Meyer is Tasered and arrested after causing a disturbance at a town hall forum ...

Insane Poker Bluff
Humberto brenes getting owned by scotty nguyen ...

How It's Made - BACON
Watch how one of the nation most beloved food is prepared! ...

911 Conspiracy predicted in X-Files
A tiny clip from Lone Gunmen Episode 1: Pilot, Aired on March 4, 2001. 287,183 views

Retard
$200 dollar question. she lost. how stupid. ...

What is a Yeast Infection ?
This video animation illustrates how bacteria coexists with a yeast fungus in the vagina and when conditions change it ...

Belly Button Lint Collection
Each day for 1 month I retrieved the lint that had gathered in my belly button. I ended up with a collection that is a ...

Congratulations, your YouTube video beat out a video of someone's effing belly button lint collection and a description of vaginal yeast infections. :laugh:

Thread over. You win, callipygian, with much force. :grin: