Rough Night

SammyBoy

I got my clock cleaned last night. I was down 60 units at one point before making a comeback at the end where I got back 30 units. I've never lost as many big bets as I did last night, it was almost unbelieveable especially considering I'm playing one of the best games if not the best game around. It was one of those nights where you get high counts but bad cards and the dealer has a 6 showing and doesn't bust. I'll keep plugging along.

The Mayor

Re: Rough Night / YOU CALL...

The nights when you get the high counts all night long are the nights you will win/lose the most. The better the game, the more often you will have these wild swings (which is exactly what you want!). I have 100 unit shoe wins/losses -- let alone a night! My biggest losses have come at the best games. That's the way it is.

--Mayor

SammyBoy

I know I still have MUCH to learn/experience in this game. I'm getting better at thinking about this in the long run and not worrying about what happens in each session or night or trip. But when you lose big bet after big bet with high counts and win small bets with very negative counts, it can work on your nerves.

The Mayor

In case you haven't looked at it lately, look at my journal on this page (link below). Each dot represents one day playing blackjack (average about 5.5 hours). That's 89 days of blackjack, over 500 hours. Try and imagine the emotions you would experience as you go through some of those days. This game is tough! But fun :cool:

http://www.cardcounter.com/images/BJ_journal.JPG (Archive copy)

In 2002, the worst experience of a swing I had was a shoe that was +130 units, followed immediately by a shoe that was -110 units!!!

--Mayor

Name that paradox!

CardCounter.Com
The paradox of playing in higher Ev games/sessions

Posted By: zengrifter
Date: 10/17/02 11:36:26 a.m.

The paradox of playing in higher Ev games/sessions...
-------------------------
... that are due to various good-conditions (like deep pene% and high count betting opps) is that they are often the ones where we experience our biggest losses. we need a good name for this apparent paradox. zg

Rob McGarvey

Big Fish, Little Fish

Hey, don't let these big fish make you feel like a nobody. I know they are trying to tell you that it is not a big loss, and they are right, but when you lose your first few times, or have a small BR, it can feel like you lost the farm. Just keep nibbling away and soon you'll rule the tank like they do. Start with shrimp and before you know it you will be munchin sea turtles to keep your teeth clean.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, I love turtles! ;>