Scary at first, then pretty awesome

Dyepaintball12

I was playing tonight for about two hours when a lady in a suit I had not seen before came up through the pit to me and said "It's your lucky day".

The PB then comes up to me and says "Can I see your ID? I need to call surveillance."

At this point I figured I was toast so just said "uh, what?"

PB: "You won $50."
Me: "What?"
PB: "You won the seat bonus!"
Me: "What?"
Lady at my table: "OH NICE! They pay one random table games player $50 once an hour!"

PB: "Yeah, I need your ID to fill out this form and then I call surveillance to make sure they know why the dealer is paying you this $50."

Me: "Excellent. Excellent."

- Dye

P.S. Saw someone with a 7 take insurance against an Ace, lose that, then surrender.

kewljason

Did it occur to you, Dye, that it could have just been a gimmick to ID you? :confused: I guess I am getting paranoid, but that would have been one of my first thoughts. :sad:

Dyepaintball12

kewljason said:
Did it occur to you, Dye, that it could have just been a gimmick to ID you? :confused: I guess I am getting paranoid, but that would have been one of my first thoughts. :sad:
It absolutely did and that was the first thing to occur to me, but other players at my table seemed to know exactly what was happening and had seen it before.

I also heard the Pit talk about who won every hour from then on!

kewljason

Dyepaintball12 said:
It absolutely did and that was the first thing to occur to me, but other players at my table seemed to know exactly what was happening and had seen it before.

I also heard the Pit talk about who won every hour from then on!
Well, then you are apparently one of those guys that not only works hard and is well prepared to play, but has ludy luck to dance with as well, so to hell with you, I am going to stop pulling for your continued success. :p

So the midwest not only has the best games, but they are giving away money for no apparent reason as well. All a board! (train heading east from vegas)

Dye, did they mention that you should use that money to buy some drinks for fellow counters next time you are in vegas? :confused:

And yes people, I know there are no trains thru vegas. :laugh:

Dyepaintball12

kewljason said:
Well, then you are apparently one of those guys that not only works hard and is well prepared to play, but has ludy luck to dance with as well, so to hell with you, I am going to stop pulling for your continued success. :p

So the midwest not only has the best games, but they are giving away money for no apparent reason as well. All a board! (train heading east from vegas)

Dye, did they mention that you should use that money to buy some drinks for fellow counters next time you are in vegas? :confused:

And yes people, I know there are no trains thru vegas. :laugh:
KJ I will buy you all the drinks you want!*

- Dye

*While we are seated at a table

Midwestern

Dyepaintball12 said:
The PB then comes up to me and says "Can I see your ID? I need to call surveillance."

PB: "Yeah, I need your ID to fill out this form and then I call surveillance to make sure they know why the dealer is paying you this $50."
what a genius ploy by the house. They got you to willfully "out" yourself for only $50!
that's like .0001% of the EV that you would eventually make from them!

and, there's no way to get out of it without being super awkward and bringing heat. i mean, what ploppy WOULDNT give an ID for a free $50 bucks.

in my opinion, surveillance wanted to know who you were because you were playing well and they use that $50 seat bonus as a way to do it for any suspected AP.

21gunsalute

dyepaintball12 said:
i was playing tonight for about two hours when a lady in a suit i had not seen before came up through the pit to me and said "it's your lucky day".

The pb then comes up to me and says "can i see your id? I need to call surveillance."

at this point i figured i was toast so just said "uh, what?"

pb: "you won $50."
me: "what?"
pb: "you won the seat bonus!"
me: "what?"
lady at my table: "oh nice! They pay one random table games player $50 once an hour!"

pb: "yeah, i need your id to fill out this form and then i call surveillance to make sure they know why the dealer is paying you this $50."

me: "excellent. Excellent."

- dye

p.s. Saw someone with a 7 take insurance against an ace, lose that, then surrender.
tmi imo.