SD, big true count swings and bet

I have been working on SD. My concern is how to bet. With the masive true count swings that can happen in SD it seems hard to keep the proper bet out on the table. I have tried to parley and it is not enough at times. In practice i have been betting:

0=1u
1=1u
2=2u
3=3u
4=4u max

I never decrease units on a win. And only parley on win. It just seems to obvious to me, I think they could pick this out to easy. Any thoughts?

Thanx, Pugi

Sonny

Cover betting like that can be very expensive, especially in SD games:

http://www.blackjackincolor.com/cardcountingcover2.htm

With a 1-4 spread you probably don't have to worry about heat unless your unit size is pretty big. The best cover play is to just walk away if you start getting heat. If you start playing more aggressively then you can think about giving up some EV for cover. In fact, sometimes using a bigger spread can make you look less like a card counter.

-Sonny-

I am trying to find a balace between playing smart and looking smart. If you are at +4 and win with max bet and the count goes negative on that hand you would have to keep max out, Should you keep max out untill a loss? I think so.

Lets say you are a +1 and win with minumum bet and in that hand the count goes to +4. If you parley you are underbetting, If you go from minimum to maximum would it look bad? I just seems to me going form 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 units at some times and then going form 1 to 4 units would not look right. Or would it be just the opposite. They would think this guy has no idea what he is doing, because he is betting all over the board. For now it is just a $5 to $20 spread. At least untill I have all my skills back. Pugi

callipygian

PUGI said:
I am trying to find a balace between playing smart and looking smart.
The problem is that looking dumb often involves actually playing dumb. That's the drawback of the cover play - you are actually losing money.

If the count drops precipitously, then don't play. Pull back your 4 unit bet and ask where the closest restroom is. Or stand up and start yelling for a waitress, pulling your bet back when the dealer asks if you're in or not.

callipygian said:
The problem is that looking dumb often involves actually playing dumb. That's the drawback of the cover play - you are actually losing money.

If the count drops precipitously, then don't play. Pull back your 4 unit bet and ask where the closest restroom is. Or stand up and start yelling for a waitress, pulling your bet back when the dealer asks if you're in or not.
Yes wonging will be deployed. Just kinda hard in a playall senerio. Dont want to loose my seat. But will wong as much as possible. It has been 20 years since the last time I played SD, I just dont remember it being this fast. I guess with age things change. Pugi

moo321

PUGI said:
I am trying to find a balace between playing smart and looking smart
/QUOTE]

I always favor playing smart. I'd much rather get the money and get backed off than lose my money and still be able to play. There are good, free camo options available to you as well: drink, as long as you can keep the count with a half a light beer in you, don't sit at third base, dress like a donkey, act like a donkey, have plausible explanations for your bet jumps such as steaming, lucky feelings, etc. play shorter sessions, and move to different pits.