Semyon Dukach DVDs

Jack_Black

MJ1 said:
MIT experienced moderate success with these techniques...but the BP/spotter approach is where they made most of their money.
can this be further elaborated on? is it because the techniques were extremely difficult? not enough opportunities? not enough talented and dedicated players? it seems that semyon started to use the advanced techniques after his departure from the MIT team, using anyone he could find vs the MIT BP/spotter team that had a great pool of talent they could always pull from, MIT student body. Not to mention that you can all day long vs finding 5-10 opportunities a day with the steering method.

MJ1 said:
MIT experienced moderate success with these techniques...
I seem to recall a couple of interviews with JohnnyC and Bill (whatshisname) wherein
they both iterated that MIT did NOT net profit from either steering or tracking. zg

What just became of Dr ICnT's elaborate analysis of 10-card steering to dealer hit?
Just because the analysis had mistakes (I'm guessing) is no reason to remove it.
Should have remained and appended IMHO. Same limitation of any member. zg

Jack_Black said:
can this be further elaborated on? is it because the techniques were extremely difficult? not enough opportunities? not enough talented and dedicated players? it seems that semyon started to use the advanced techniques after his departure from the MIT team, using anyone he could find vs the MIT BP/spotter team that had a great pool of talent they could always pull from, MIT student body. Not to mention that you can all day long vs finding 5-10 opportunities a day with the steering method.
Wasn't it Semyon's team that also lost an incredible amount before departing the MIT group?
Also the Semyon story by Mezzrich, Breaking Las Vegas, implied that Semyon could sit all day and get steering opps from virtually all shoes that he would cut. zg

iCountNTrack

zengrifter said:
What just became of Dr ICnT's elaborate analysis of 10-card steering to dealer hit?
Just because the analysis had mistakes (I'm guessing) is no reason to remove it.
Should have remained and appended IMHO. Same limitation of any member. zg
Didnt remove it i moved it, i felt it deserved its own thread, it would have gotten lost in the noise.
http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=20795

prankster

zengrifter said:
I seem to recall a couple of interviews with JohnnyC and Bill (whatshisname) wherein
they both iterated that MIT did NOT net profit from either steering or tracking. zg
Check out Richard Munchkins' interview with Johnny and Laurie C at Arnold Snyders' website.:joker::laugh::eek:

zengrifter said:
prankster said:
Check out Richard Munchkins' interview with Johnny and Laurie C at Arnold Snyders' website.
Was I right? zg