Shot Taking Dealers in CT

Bojack1

My trip to CT revealed no cheating or slick dealer plays. Nor did I see any skilled players other than those I knew to be there. I did find many reasons to play there, I hope those that do play there on a regular basis, see what I see.

Bojack1 said:
My trip to CT revealed no cheating or slick dealer plays. Nor did I see any skilled players other than those I knew to be there. I did find many reasons to play there, I hope those that do play there on a regular basis, see what I see.
Most of the skilled players may have been playing something other than blackjack.

Bojack1

Automatic Monkey said:
Most of the skilled players may have been playing something other than blackjack.
If thats the case they missed the boat. I'm sure there may be other AP opportunities outside of blackjack there, but thats not my expertise. There is some aspects of this BJ game that are unheard of in most games of this kind. The advantage is way beyond counting. If this BJ game is a constant in how I saw it played, there is virtually nothing that can touch it in terms of AP advantage in the other games offered there. So I will amend my original report to that of, I saw no other skilled player playing BJ there when I was there. Thank God.

Bojack1 said:
If thats the case they missed the boat. I'm sure there may be other AP opportunities outside of blackjack there, but thats not my expertise. There is some aspects of this BJ game that are unheard of in most games of this kind. The advantage is way beyond counting. If this BJ game is a constant in how I saw it played, there is virtually nothing that can touch it in terms of AP advantage in the other games offered there. So I will amend my original report to that of, I saw no other skilled player playing BJ there when I was there. Thank God.
The game is good, no question, and there's that little special thing we can do there that makes the BP approach viable especially if you memorize a certain extra chart. There's nothing terrible about the shuffle, but nothing outstanding about it either. A true Magister Ludi can do far more with a pitch game.

But anything that can be done at BJ there can also be done at Spanish 21 there.

Not that I can do anything there now! I joined the 13.5% Club last week and I'm a couple of paychecks away from being able to play again.

johndoe

Sounds like his (replenishable) bankroll took a dive, 13.5% is basically ROR of full Kelly. It happens. I took a bath there last time myself, playing with really good dealers.

I'm still trying to figure out what they're talking about. The game rules are pretty standard. Tell me it isn't match play or $1 lucky 7's bets!

johndoe said:
Sounds like his (replenishable) bankroll took a dive, 13.5% is basically ROR of full Kelly. It happens. I took a bath there last time myself, playing with really good dealers.

I'm still trying to figure out what they're talking about. The game rules are pretty standard. Tell me it isn't match play or $1 lucky 7's bets!
Yes, that's exactly what happened. Eight consecutive major losing sessions without a winning one. (Note: this conversation just segued to this, I am not suggesting any behavior of the dealers had anything to do with my losing streak.) Never forget how easy it is to lose, repeatedly and consistently, at blackjack, with there being absolutely nothing you can do about it.

After this experience if I had a fixed bankroll there's no way I would play at full-Kelly, 3 or 4 times that minimum. No one's well-being should have to hinge on whether the next card in the shoe is a 5 or a 6.