Sims

I am still pretty new to this counting thing and doing lots of reading, practising, and experimenting. Building up my abilities and nerves as I practice live at the tables.
I was wondering if someone can run a sim for the EV on what I have been doing lately at the tables.
8 deck, 7/8 Pen, DAS, S17, LS - using Hi/Lo
TC: -, 0, +1 = $10 (play all)
+2 = $20
+3 = $30
+4 = $40
+5 = $50
I know the books say to use a 1-12 spread and a steeper bet ramp, but I am not there yet.
I was wondering what my more conservative style is costing me?
Thanks for any help.

avs21

bobp said:
I am still pretty new to this counting thing and doing lots of reading, practising, and experimenting. Building up my abilities and nerves as I practice live at the tables.
I was wondering if someone can run a sim for the EV on what I have been doing lately at the tables.
+2 = $20
+3 = $30
+4 = $40
+5 = $50
I know the books say to use a 1-12 spread and a steeper bet ramp, but I am not there yet.
Thanks for any help.
Win Rate per hour $7.03, TBA: .452%, IBA: .520%, Using Basic hi-Lo indexes

bobp said:
+2 = $20
+3 = $30
+4 = $40
+5 = $50
Thanks for any help.
Go to 40-40 at +5, 50-50 at +6 and exit at -1 and you'll be close to 20/100-hands. zg

Zengritter ?

I am not sure what you mean by 40-40 at +4.
Also, by wonging out at -1 I feel I maybe walking and watching more than playing. Plus I play where entry to new tables is not that easy.
It seems also that -1 comes around pretty often.
How long do you give a new shoe to go before you opt out? As soon as it hits -1?
Thanks for your help.

Sonny

bobp said:
I am not sure what you mean by 40-40 at +4.
He means that you should spread to 2 hands of $40 each at TC+4.

bobp said:
Also, by wonging out at -1 I feel I maybe walking and watching more than playing.
You’re right, but you’ll be saving a lot of money by not letting all of those –EV hands eat up your bankroll.

bobp said:
How long do you give a new shoe to go before you opt out? As soon as it hits -1?
You might sit out a few hands if the count is only slightly negative or neutral and see what happens, but be ready to walk away fairly soon and fairly often.

For backcounting, if the count is still negative after 2 decks have been dealt then you can look for another table without even sitting down.

-Sonny-