Small spread, can i still get advantage?

Cass

I no longer have my blackjack software available... Maybe someone could run a sim for me to confirm what im thinking. Situation pretty good DD game (h17,DAS, .40HA 65-70% pen) spreading 1-3 or 1-4 and avoiding playing counts worse than -2 TC. What kind of advantage am I looking at? 1/2%? I know with a larger spread it is easy to get over 1% HA on this game. Also six deck similar situation. Decent game- (s17,DAS, .44HA 75-80%pen) What am i looking at with 1-8 spread? Also avoiding play tc-2 or worse. I'm just thinking I can get better comps, less heat, more heads up action with this type of game play.

Billy C1

Cass said:
I no longer have my blackjack software available... Maybe someone could run a sim for me to confirm what im thinking. Situation pretty good DD game (h17,DAS, .40HA 65-70% pen) spreading 1-3 or 1-4 and avoiding playing counts worse than -2 TC. What kind of advantage am I looking at? 1/2%? I know with a larger spread it is easy to get over 1% HA on this game. Also six deck similar situation. Decent game- (s17,DAS, .44HA 75-80%pen) What am i looking at with 1-8 spread? Also avoiding play tc-2 or worse. I'm just thinking I can get better comps, less heat, more heads up action with this type of game play.
I don't have the "tools" to run sim for you but I'd say you've pretty much answered your own question and are walking the same "fine line" as the rest of us. It goes with the territory but does vary from house to house.

BillyC1