Starting Midway?

Was thinking of an alternative to spread betting.

How about if you start a shoe at 4 units.

I know people say that you are at a disadvanatge, but what happens if there is a cluster of a lot of high cards in the first hand dealt?

You would be more likely to win.

Your count would be low, so you bet less next time. If your count starts to rise, so you can increase your bet.

I know the edge would go down. But does anyone know if this would work? Since it would be good camerflage?

:confused:

moo321

eddiejenkinson said:
Was thinking of an alternative to spread betting.

How about if you start a shoe at 4 units.

I know people say that you are at a disadvanatge, but what happens if there is a cluster of a lot of high cards in the first hand dealt?

You would be more likely to win.

Your count would be low, so you bet less next time. If your count starts to rise, so you can increase your bet.

I know the edge would go down. But does anyone know if this would work? Since it would be good camerflage?

:confused:
Well, there's a lot cheaper methods of camo. And I'm generally not a big fan of camo plays, especially for anything less than black chips.

Not a Bad Idea

It has been known.
More appropriate with single deck with good rules so your off the top disadvantage is small and where often you would like a bigger bet on the very next hand. In shoe games with bad rules you would be facing several hands in a row with a high disadvantage so the idea is not as sound.

Last edited: