Suggestions for improvements to KO

AC232323

Hello,
What are some tips you would give to an experienced weekend warrior that is currently using KO Preferred (basic KO plus insurance and 18 index plays) that wants to improve his performance? I have gotten to the point where I can very easily keep the count and have conversations with the dealer or other players. Would you recommend trying to find other index plays? Moving to a more advanced count? Ace sequencing?
I almost exclusively play double deck if that influences your suggestions. Thanks!

AC232323 said:
Hello,
What are some tips you would give to an experienced weekend warrior that is currently using KO Preferred (basic KO plus insurance and 18 index plays) that wants to improve his performance? I have gotten to the point where I can very easily keep the count and have conversations with the dealer or other players. Would you recommend trying to find other index plays? Moving to a more advanced count? Ace sequencing?
I almost exclusively play double deck if that influences your suggestions. Thanks!
Side count aces, be aware of under betting early and over betting late.

AC232323 said:
Hello,
You can add the Color of Blackjack to KO. Other than that, there isn't more you can do to KO besides ace sequencing or another count system.

If you play exlusively 2D games, you should definitely give BJInfo Open Source UBZ II V0.5 a shot, using Mimosine's specific 2D indexes. You will notice a difference.

http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=6996

revrac

AC232323 said:
Is there anything published on how I would adjust the RC based on number of aces remaining?
don't bother, it is a waste of time and will add almost nothing to your EV. Better off doing the other things mentioned such as upgrading with CoBJ addition to KO or moving to UBZ or Zen method. Best bang for the buck though would be to study up on other techniques.

If you are dead set on doing it would be fairly easy to figure something out logically. You assume 4 aces per deck, if you have any more or less played at a certain point in the shoe then adjust by the number difference. On a 2 deck game 1 deck in you should have played 4 aces, if none have come out then your count is +4 higher than it should be for an Insurance decision so subtract 4. Again, i would advise against this, waste of time...

AC232323 said:
Is there anything published on how I would adjust the RC based on number of aces remaining?
I do not agree with revrac regarding the lack of value of an ace side count. I do not have any any math backup, nor did he offer any, but I believe for insurance purposes the count can be skewed because of counting the sevens as small and aces as large. A high count can easily be skewed.

The point made about Color of Blackjack is what I was referring to in my comment about over and under betting.

Last edited:

aslan

AC232323 said:
Hello,
What I did was to identify the Key Count according to true count for the number of decks remaining. So you would have a Key Count point for 5 decks remaining, 4 decks remaining, 3 decks, and so on. I did this because KO lags true count early on, so knowing when you hit Key Count based on true count allows you to raise your bet earlier than under KO running count. Also, when you reach the mid point between the True Key Count and the KO Pivot Point, it's time to bet one-half max bet. It also helps to know beyond the +4 pivot point what the distortion is, since the KO running count leads the true count above +4. I hope this helps.

Coyote

aslan said:
What I did was to identify the Key Count according to true count for the number of decks remaining. So you would have a Key Count point for 5 decks remaining, 4 decks remaining, 3 decks, and so on. I did this because KO lags true count early on, so knowing when you hit Key Count based on true count allows you to raise your bet earlier than under KO running count. Also, when you reach the mid point between the True Key Count and the KO Pivot Point, it's time to bet one-half max bet. It also helps to know beyond the +4 pivot point what the distortion is, since the KO running count leads the true count above +4. I hope this helps.
This is really good KO advice.