Surrender indices for H17 game

Hello everyone. I am going to be playing in a H17, 6D, DAS, DOA LS game in the near future. I haven't played many surrender games so I'm brushing up on my indices for LS. Looks like the BS for this one includes Surr 15 vs A, 17 vs A, and 8,8 vs A as well as the other usual suspects. My question is what index plays should I learn? I know to add 15 vs 9 (I'll surrender that one at a TC of +2 using HiLo) and 14 vs 10 (TC of 3). I'm wondering it the TC gets high do I actually not surrender my 17 vs Ace and stand instead? I'm mostly interested in adding high-count index plays...I guess any index plays I might use at TC -1 or -2 would be helpful as well. Lower than that I'll wong like Donkey Kong.

Thanks for your help.

cardcounter0

'That players, especially the mathematically inclined who are fascinated by such puzzles, may tend to become over enamored of the possibilities of varying basic strategy is the experience of the author. There is, as in poker, a tendency to 'fall in love with one's cards'..."

-Peter Griffin, Theory of Blackjack, end of Chapter 7.

THE FAB 4 Plays.

14 v. 10, and 15 v. 9, 10, and Ace. See BJA, pp. 70-73.

The rest aren't worth much.

Warlord

Sir Counts-A-Lot said:
Hello everyone. I am going to be playing in a H17, 6D, DAS, DOA LS game in the near future. I haven't played many surrender games so I'm brushing up on my indices for LS. Looks like the BS for this one includes Surr 15 vs A, 17 vs A, and 8,8 vs A as well as the other usual suspects. My question is what index plays should I learn? I know to add 15 vs 9 (I'll surrender that one at a TC of +2 using HiLo) and 14 vs 10 (TC of 3). I'm wondering it the TC gets high do I actually not surrender my 17 vs Ace and stand instead? I'm mostly interested in adding high-count index plays...I guess any index plays I might use at TC -1 or -2 would be helpful as well. Lower than that I'll wong like Donkey Kong.

Thanks for your help.
I do not have my Wong PBJ book with me but I think these were close last time I checked. From here.

Sir,

I think you are looking at s-17. Are you sure about the h17?

As to 17 vs, 8-9-10-ace......that will happen at times, but infrequent. One thing is most important in these instances.;) When you do it and are right it is so :cool:

Do you know about the "Floating Advantage"?

CP

Yes it is an H17 game offering late surrender. Kinda weird but that's what I was told. I believe the higher stakes table at this joint has S17 but I will probably be playing at the low-stakes area. I got the BS plays from the engine here...the surrendering 17 versus Ace threw me a bit but I'm sure it is good advice. I guess I'll just concentrate on the I18 plays and not worry myself about the others for now.

I have heard the term "floating advantage" tossed around a bit but I'm not too clear on its exact meaning. It has to do with a TC later in the shoe is worth more than a TC of the same value early in the shoe?

Sir

Sir Counts-A-Lot said:
Yes it is an H17 game offering late surrender. Kinda weird but that's what I was told. I believe the higher stakes table at this joint has S17 but I will probably be playing at the low-stakes area. I got the BS plays from the engine here...the surrendering 17 versus Ace threw me a bit but I'm sure it is good advice. I guess I'll just concentrate on the I18 plays and not worry myself about the others for now.

I have heard the term "floating advantage" tossed around a bit but I'm not too clear on its exact meaning. It has to do with a TC later in the shoe is worth more than a TC of the same value early in the shoe?
Ok, I see. If it is where I am thinking it is very playable.

I will check the indice for that move you wondered about.

PM me, please.

CP