Thanks from Playing 21

Okay,here's the deal: We need an unbiased member to review the Playing21 app. My choice for review would be Jack Jackson, Mimosine, BJ Bob or Kasi.

Scott will provide a free review copy to the reviewer, right Scott? zg

jack.jackson

zengrifter said:
Okay,here's the deal: We need an unbiased member to review the Playing21 app. My choice for review would be Jack Jackson, Mimosine, BJ Bob or Kasi.

Im on it!

Last edited:

jack.jackson

zengrifter said:

I think Ken should get Royalty!

jack said:
I think Ken should get Royalty!
Its a FREE REVIEW copy... and we will be stacking it up against SBA 3.0, Univeral BJ Engine,
and of course our beloved Norm's old clunker app 'whatchamcallit'. There's a new sheriff in town!! zg

QFIT

zengrifter said:
Its a FREE REVIEW copy... and we will be stacking it up against SBA 3.0, Univeral BJ Engine,
and of course our beloved Norm's old clunker app 'whatchamcallit'. There's a new sheriff in town!! zg
OK. But if it can "answer any question in Blackjack," ask a serious question. What's the SCORE given Lucky Ladies bet at +8 with a 1-12 spread using Hi-Opt I with multi-parameter tables and an Insurance side count with classical cover betting? Or, what's the gain is using extended NRS when shuffle-tracking? What's the risk-averse index for 11vTen? What's the EV of the Field of Gold side bet. What is the gain from 2 dealer errors per hour paying pushes? Or answer any of the questions answered at:

Sorry, gotta have some fun. I don't get out much:)

Last edited:
QFIT said:
OK. But if it can "answer any question in Blackjack," ask a serious question. What's the SCORE given Lucky Ladies bet at +8 with a 1-12 spread using Hi-Opt I with multi-parameter tables and an Insurance side count with classical cover betting? Or, what's the gain is using extended NRS when shuffle-tracking? or What's the risk-averse index for 11vTen? or What's the EV of the Field of Gold side bet? or What is the gain from 2 dealer errors per hour paying pushes? Or answer any of the questions answered at:
Sorry, gotta have some fun. I don't get out much:)
Whoa big fella! We need to take this in gradient - let him start with 12v4, and not simply differ to some published basic-strategy. 12v4 presents a serious qaundry despite the superficial indicator. Wait a minute, you asked the questions and gave him the answer sheet??

Thats it, "I'm the decider" of the questions and the question is 12v4 h/s?

Okay the other question is from Norm -
What's the risk-averse index for 11vTen?
Oh, Scott just called in and said - "Yes and no!" zg

jack.jackson

zengrifter said:
and of course our beloved Norm's old clunker app 'whatchamacallit'. There's a new sheriff in town!! zg

Excuse me for using such a rather harshword. Its just that some people who use this site, as a tool, with the sole-intent of trying to sell you something. Im not really the one to judge "who is, and who isnt" or even if its right or wrong or anywhere in-between.

It just a matter ot time before you can weed out those who are trying to be helpful vs those who are trying to make a quick$, coupled with bad advice. Sometimes it hard to tell at first because they come in all shapes and sizes.

Last edited:
jack said:
Excuse me for using such a rather harshword. Its just that some people who use this site, as a tool, with the sole-intent of trying to sell you something. Im not really the one to judge "who is, and who isnt" or even if its right or wrong or anywhere in-between.

It just a matter ot time before you can weed out those who are trying to helpful vs those who are trying to make a quick$, coupled with bad advice. Sometimes it hard to tell at first because they come in all shapes and sizes.
Scott/P21 doesn't fall into that category - he didn't show up suddenly with an announced THANK YOU just to sell his neavou software! He's here to teach and conribute to our community. Right Scott? zg

QFIT

zengrifter said:
Scott/P21 doesn't fall into that category - he didn't show up suddenly with an announced THANK YOU just to sell his neavou software! He's here to teach and conribute to our community. Right Scott? zg
You really are a trouble-maker.:)

k_c

Evaluation copies

zengrifter said:

As you may or may not know I also have a program. I have provided free copies to Sonny, Kasi, jack,jackson, sagefr0g, Canceler, and Ken Smith if he chose to download it. It's a mathematics based program and uses simulation only to deal randomly in order to display expected values dynamically as the cards are dealt. Any of the above members are free to give any opinions of the program, good or bad.

Last I heard Canceler was having trouble getting the help system to work in Windows Vista. However it works for sagefr0g in Vista and help also works in Vista for a friend of mine. I'd like to know exactly what needs to be done in Vista to get help (WinHelp) to work so I could pass along the info.

Getting back to the original subject of this thread, it sounds to me that Scott's program may have some validity to it. My opinion is that as long as some validity exists it is not wise to diss too quickly. I don't know how many times I have read that if one purchases a book on blackjack and learns just one new thing from it the purchase was well worth it, but it is a lot. I don't think Scott posted the availability of his program in an offensive manner. What I don't like is someone posting outrageous claims with nothing substantial behind them.

The politics of blackjack are brutal. Generally it is assumed that anything offered for sale must be some sort of scam. It is wise to be skeptical but a true AP should be able to have the judgement to ferret out what is not a scam and has value to some more or less extent. Over time as I have read posts it seems to me that true APs are few and far between. Wannabe APs with the wrong attitude are more likely to be scammed than to actually become APs. The right attitude is probably something that can't be taught. You either have common sense or you don't.

k_c

jack.jackson

k_c said:
As you may or may not know I also have a program. I have provided free copies to Sonny, Kasi, jack,jackson, sagefr0g, Canceler, and Ken Smith if he chose to download it. It's a mathematics based program and uses simulation only to deal randomly in order to display expected values dynamically as the cards are dealt. Any of the above members are free to give any opinions of the program, good or bad.

Last I heard Canceler was having trouble getting the help system to work in Windows Vista. However it works for sagefr0g in Vista and help also works in Vista for a friend of mine. I'd like to know exactly what needs to be done in Vista to get help (WinHelp) to work so I could pass along the info.

Getting back to the original subject of this thread, it sounds to me that Scott's program may have some validity to it. My opinion is that as long as some validity exists it is not wise to diss too quickly. I don't know how many times I have read that if one purchases a book on blackjack and learns just one new thing from it the purchase was well worth it, but it is a lot. I don't think Scott posted the availability of his program in an offensive manner. What I don't like is someone posting outrageous claims with nothing substantial behind them.

The politics of blackjack are brutal. Generally it is assumed that anything offered for sale must be some sort of scam. It is wise to be skeptical but a true AP should be able to have the judgement to ferret out what is not a scam and has value to some more or less extent. Over time as I have read posts it seems to me that true APs are few and far between. Wannabe APs with the wrong attitude are more likely to be scammed than to actually become APs. The right attitude is probably something that can't be taught. You either have common sense or you don't.

k_c
I think Zen just likes to give the new guys a hard time:) He gave me a hard time at first to. I actually did enjoy his see: jack,jackson posts. I miss that:cry:

bj bob

k_c said:
Getting back to the original subject of this thread, it sounds to me that Scott's program may have some validity to it.... My opinion is that as long as some validity exists it is not wise to diss too quickly....
The politics of blackjack are brutal.
k_c
I agree 100%. If there is a shred of value in a book or program etc. it may be worth the price of the whole package. The trouble is, however there is often no realistic way of discerning the garbage content from the golden nuggets without painstaking scrutiny and/ or investment. I think the forum handled this exactly right by offering this guy a review of his program, criticism (justifiably so) of several of his statements not withstanding. I do, though, get nervous when a so-called "expert" is unaware of the classic 7,7 v. X SD BS play, not to mention stand on 12 v. 2,3. With that in mind I would have no qualms reviewing his work with one toe in the water.

bj bob said:
I agree 100%. If there is a shred of value in a book or program etc. it may be worth the price of the whole package. The trouble is, however there is often no realistic way of discerning the garbage content from the golden nuggets without painstaking scrutiny and/ or investment. I think the forum handled this exactly right by offering this guy a review of his program, criticism (justifiably so) of several of his statements not withstanding. I do, though, get nervous when a so-called "expert" is unaware of the classic 7,7 v. X SD BS play, not to mention stand on 12 v. 2,3. With that in mind I would have no qualms reviewing his work with one toe in the water.
Scott/P21's program is the definitive, qualitative next-generation paradigmatic shift in BJ analysis apps.
The new gold standard in simware... yes and no! zg