The KO count when 7s are distributed very unevenly

Claza

I know that the KO count has been simulation-tested to death, and it ranks about as powerful as the High-Low.

There is mathematical proof that unbalanced counts actually work (even though mathematicians like Peter Griffin thought unbalanced counts don't work): http://www.bjmath.com/bjmath/counting/unbalbal.htm (Archive copy)

I didn't have the patience to follow the proof all the way to the end. For some reason I couldn't stop yawning when I tried that. So I'm asking for your help instead.

The unbalanced count relies on "stragglers", to unbalance and calibrate the count. The 7s are statistically pretty neutral, but in the case of KO, are assigned a +1 value so the calibrating unbalance could be achieved.

What do you guys do when the 7s are distributed through the deck very unevenly and decide to all show up at the beginning of the shoe?

Is the calibrating unbalance not dependent on a more or less even distribution of 7s? If yes, do you abandon the count when all the 7s are clearly all clumped together early in the shoe? If no, how do you explain that?

Last edited:

ScottH

Claza said:
I know that the KO count has been simulation-tested to death, and it ranks about as powerful as the High-Low.

There is mathematical proof that unbalanced counts actually work (even though mathematicians like Peter Griffin thought unbalanced counts don't work): http://www.bjmath.com/bjmath/counting/unbalbal.htm (Archive copy)

I didn't have the patience to follow the proof all the way to the end. For some reason I couldn't stop yawning when I tried that. So I'm asking for your help instead.

The unbalanced count relies on "stragglers", to unbalance and calibrate the count. The 7s are statistically pretty neutral, but in the case of KO, are assigned a +1 value so the calibrating unbalance could be achieved.

What do you guys do when the 7s are distributed through the deck very unevenly and decide to all show up at the beginning of the shoe?

Is the calibrating balance not dependent on a more or less even distribution of 7s? If yes, do you abandon the count when all the 7s are clearly all clumped together early in the shoe? If no, how do you explain that?
Basically, instead of questioning things like this you just play KO like it should be and know that in the long run it will be just like Hi-Lo. You just trust the sims, the sims know everything!

7s have about the same relative wieght as 2s, and while the uneveness may effect the accuracy of certain strategy plays it will NOT affect the betting accuracy which in KO is more than 85% of your advantage. zg

mdlbj

zengrifter said:
7s have about the same relative wieght as 2s, and while the uneveness may effect the accuracy of certain strategy plays it will NOT affect the betting accuracy which in KO is more than 85% of your advantage. zg
Is there much of a difference between Red7 Kiss or KO?

It's just as if 3's or 4's were distributed unevenly. What's the difference? In KO it's only illusory that we think of the 7's as being "different" because we are comparing it to High-Low.

Renzey

Red 7/Kiss/KO

There is practically no difference between the structure of Red 7 and Kiss. KO however, is a totally separate breed.