tournament help

hey im playing in an online tournament where you can play 50 hands whenever you want so you dont see what other people are betting or anything. You get $1000 dollars in chips. I know I should just play BS and hope for the best but does anyone have advice on how much to bet?? The leader right now has 16000

ScottH

andrew999 said:
hey im playing in an online tournament where you can play 50 hands whenever you want so you dont see what other people are betting or anything. You get $1000 dollars in chips. I know I should just play BS and hope for the best but does anyone have advice on how much to bet?? The leader right now has 16000
There is a blackjack tournament section to this site. I am not sure if they have forums though.

If you are playing to win I would think you would have to bet VERY aggressively to catch the leader at 16,000. I would start betting fairly high and hope for a nice run. As your bankroll goes up you can increase your bets accordingly to try catch the leader. I'm not a tournament expert or anything, so it's just my opinion.

Mikeaber

ScottH said:
There is a blackjack tournament section to this site. I am not sure if they have forums though.

If you are playing to win I would think you would have to bet VERY aggressively to catch the leader at 16,000. I would start betting fairly high and hope for a nice run. As your bankroll goes up you can increase your bets accordingly to try catch the leader. I'm not a tournament expert or anything, so it's just my opinion.
Yes Scott...."they" do have forums and many of them do play in on-line "sit n goes". If it's about tournaments, the "tournament" sister site (actually, it was in operation before Ken started this part of the Blackjack forums) has information on it!