Trip Report ?

I spent yesterday at Mohegan Sun and it was just one of those days.
I found those 6 deck games in the Wolf Den but noticed that the penetration was lousy at maybe 75% if that much. It seemed like anytime the count got close to a bigger bet in the later part of the shoe, it was time to shuffle up.
Or if I got close to a big bet, the dealer was pulling BJ's or 21's. Plus when I sat down the band was doing sound checks for their evening performance so I had to listen to drums banging for an hour. Not a great day - standard deviation day?
Anyways, my question is - and I know there are charts for this in the Bootleggers Guide, but is it a better game in terms of expected value to play 6 deck 70% or 8deck 90%? Seems like MS will go deeper into the 8 deck shoe so it is better?
Thanks
Bobp

Last edited:
bobp said:
I spent yesterday at Mohegan Sun and it was just one of those days.
I found those 6 deck games in the Wolf Den but noticed that the penetration was lousy at maybe 75% if that much. It seemed like anytime the count got close to a bigger bet in the later part of the shoe, it was time to shuffle up.
Or if I got close to a big bet, the dealer was pulling BJ's or 21's. Plus when I sat down the band was doing sound checks for their evening performance so I had to listen to drums banging for an hour. Not a great day - standard deviation day?
Anyways, my question is - and I know there are charts for this in the Bootleggers Guide, but is it a better game in terms of expected value to play 6 deck 70% or 8deck 90%? Seems like MS will go deeper into the 8 deck shoe so it is better?
Thanks
Bobp
8D, 90% is the better game by far, no question. The benefit of 6D vs. 8D is very small, such that even a slight increase in penetration (in terms of cards, not percentage) will make the 8D game the better one. Sometimes you can get pen that good at Foxwoods, and sometimes the dealers cut as shallow as Mohegan.