True Count, Advantage and Penetration

It is known that for hi-lo, each increase by one TC unit is about 0.5% EV, but this given irrespective of penetration. I guess it is the average value. It is also known that TC is not very accurate at the beginning of the shoe but it is gets more accurate as more cards are played. So for instance, for a 6D game, let's say we have a TC of +5 with 1D left to play, this situation is much more advantageous than the situation where the TC is +5 with 5D left in the shoe.

Well my question is what is the "true" increase in EV at various penetration points. Any simulations on that?

Aka

KounterStrike said:
It is known that for hi-lo, each increase by one TC unit is about 0.5% EV, but this given irrespective of penetration. I guess it is the average value. It is also known that TC is not very accurate at the beginning of the shoe but it is gets more accurate as more cards are played. So for instance, for a 6D game, let's say we have a TC of +5 with 1D left to play, this situation is much more advantageous than the situation where the TC is +5 with 5D left in the shoe.

Well my question is what is the "true" increase in EV at various penetration points. Any simulations on that?
AKA as "Floating Advantage"

CP

iCountNTrack

KounterStrike said:

You will find the best article in blackjack attack, QFIT has a simulation on that http://www.blackjackincolor.com/blackjackeffects2.htm. The effect is very pronounced for the situation you describe the EV doubles.

Last edited:

EasyRhino

It's still largely a theoreticaly curiosity. Note that the situation tends to become most pronounced when you're playing with under 1 deck left in the shoe, which isn't common. If you're playing a six deck game with half a deck cut off, please PM me :)