True Count Converting The KO Full Index Table

Finn Dog

Greetings,

OK, here's one for our top math people: I've been using TKO while using the KO "Full" index matrix (which of course is similar to the Illustrious 18 & Fab 4).

While TKO has been very helpful for betting decisions in overcoming KO's weakness of under betting early and over betting late, I'm wondering if--and how--one could convert the KO 6D Full index table (which is currently represented in terms of running count), and translate those running count index numbers into true count index numbers (like with the Illustrious 18 itself)?

Thanks in advance.

FD

assume_R

joerblack said:
Just take the HiLo index numbers and subtract 4 to give you TKO index numbers.
Would that actually work? It's not only about the count of a neutral deck. Maybe for some index plays, but remember that KO counts the 7's. So any index play in which a 7 is involved would be more accurate with TKO than with HiLo, and the numbers would be presumably different.

Think of this also: if the dealer is showing a 3 with a high TKO count, there is a higher chance of him having a total of 10 than with a high HiLo true count. So perhaps some indices in which it's something-versus-3 would be different for TKO than HiLo - 4.

If some1 just counted 5's, you can't just use the HiLo index plays while subtracting 4 for each deck.

These are just a few examples off the top of my head why you can't just use the TC indices from one count for another. Remember - true counts are designed to represent your betting advantage when you start your bets.

Just some food for thought...

TKO Index Numbers

The subtracting four from the Hi Lo index numbers is from a post from Bret Harris a while back and I believe it was on another board.

Finn Dog

joerblack said:
The subtracting four from the Hi Lo index numbers is from a post from Bret Harris a while back and I believe it was on another board.
Joerblack:

Let's take an example straight from the Illustrious 18--say 10 vs. 10 at TC +4. Well, if the suggestion you cited is correct, a TC+4 minus 4 would equal a TC 0.

But the 6D KO Full RC index number for this play is RC 4 (with an IRC of minus 20). A RC of 4 is a TC of 4 in 6D KO based the following KO RC-TC conversion formula:

TC = (RC+|IRC|-(4*#deckplayed))/#decksremain.

Also, a RC of 4 this is the point where you go to max bets on 6D KO (it's the point point: which stays static at a TC equivalent of +4 no matter where you are in the 6 deck shoe--that is, no conversion is necessary: RC 4 always equals TC 4 in 6D KO).

So unfortunately, I don't think subtracting 4 could be anywhere close--but if you could find and recognize that post any help would be appreciated.

FD

Last edited:

assume_R

to qfit and joerblack:

I understand the equivalent balanced count and it seems somewhat reasonable, but I question it for index plays because TKO and HiLo count different cards (KO counts 7's, while HiLo doesn't), so wouldn't some of the indices be different if one were to generate the indices using sims?

Finn Dog

QFIT said:
I get +4 for 10v10 TKO.
Exactly--that's what I meant: (6D RC of 4 with an IRC of -20 = TKO TC of +4.)

Norm: do you have any conclusions at this time about how to translate the 6D KO "Full" index table I referenced initially into a TC table like with the Illustrious 18/Fab 4?

Thanks in advance,

FD

Last edited: