truncate, floor, or round?

hello,
i'm using a balanced system (wong halves) and was wondering what is the best way to convert to a true count. Also, can you give like at least two examples on how to truncate and floor?

SleightOfHand

pangga said:
hello,
i'm using a balanced system (wong halves) and was wondering what is the best way to convert to a true count. Also, can you give like at least two examples on how to truncate and floor?
I like flooring (rounding down). Ex: floor(5.2) = 5; floor(5.8) = 5; floor(-5.2) = -6
Truncating is to round towards 0. Ex: truncate(5.2) = 5; truncate (5.8) = 5; truncate (-5.2) = -5

rollem411

pangga said:
hello,
Generally I prefer to round. I have a little system I use for simplicity that uses a different kind of conversion. I've never tested via sim however it works great in live action thus far. It's mostly for when you are dividing numbers where the answer will be a fraction. It's a little confusing, but I did use the BJmath site to verify that I was close with my the optimal bets and the results came out surprisingly accurate.