two hands single deck

arrando said:
Is playing two hands on single deck a good idea? Say instead of 25-100 spread, I would do two hands spreading 20-80.
How many rounds do you get to one hand? How many for two hands? Is the dealer consistent?

arrando

cucuso4 said:
How many rounds do you get to one hand? How many for two hands? Is the dealer consistent?
Say 6 rounds heads up or 4 rounds to two spots. Going by the 2.7 cards per hand average, this comes out to 32.4 cards dealt in each situation. I'm thinking consistently playing two hands would be better because

1) it would be roughly similar risk with added ev because I am putting more money on the table.
2) Technically, 4 rounds to two hands would be slightly better penetration because the dealer would end up having to play out more of his hands vs. heads up where, if i bust, the dealer will not play out the hand.
3) playing less money per hand would be better for cover purposes because the betting amount is less and the big bet is under 100 so checks play would not be called out.

Comments?

One disadvantage would be that I couldn't play at 25 min tables.

arrando said:
Say 6 rounds heads up or 4 rounds to two spots. Going by the 2.7 cards per hand average, this comes out to 32.4 cards dealt in each situation. I'm thinking consistently playing two hands would be better because

1) it would be roughly similar risk with added ev because I am putting more money on the table.
2) Technically, 4 rounds to two hands would be slightly better penetration because the dealer would end up having to play out more of his hands vs. heads up where, if i bust, the dealer will not play out the hand.
3) playing less money per hand would be better for cover purposes because the betting amount is less and the big bet is under 100 so checks play would not be called out.

Comments?
Having the dealer play out his hand is only useful for a negative deck when you want cards to be used up. In a positive deck not playing out the hand allows for more hands to be played. Heads up for positive. Two hands for negative. If you played 2 hands and busted one a lot of cards would get used hoping to get a win one hand lose the other push. That is not good in a favorable situation unless you know that is the last hand before the shuffle.