UBT on CBS Saturday

rdorange

No pre-paid program this week

The CBS program manager must have got my messages....
Got to see this weeks show.:)
Now all I need to do is get a copy of the first week.

I am from outside the US and I am playing BJ online once a while as a sort of recreation although I am not a gambler. I have seen poker tournaments regularly on TV but not on blackjack. Seeing this thread got me interested about the show and I hope to see this one on cable TV.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaiser

Do any of you guys (Dead link: http://playubt.com/) _play on their website_, trying to become an internet qualifier?

I tried it the other day and won the first table I sat down to, so I have one chip now that I can use to buy into a "real" game. I don't know how far you have to go to actually get a chance at making the show, but it's kind of an interesting change from regular blackjack.

The only downside is that I'm seeing most people bet their entire $25,000 starting backroll on the first hand, and continuing to do that for the next few... I guess thinking if they lose, they can just sit down at another free table and try it again. For me anyway, it's only been fun once a few chuckleheads are eliminated and the betting amounts actually start to mean something. (not just a table of guys going max bet every hand)

Actually the worst part of playing online compared to what I've seen on TV, is not sitting at the table beside Monica Reeves and that sweet outfit she had on. :)

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, the free UBT games definitely are full of wildcat bettors, and aren't a good representation of real tournament play. It's frustrating sometimes, but hey, it is free, so it's all good.

The strategy I've had most success with is to bet the minimum for the first couple of hands, and hopefully a few players will go out. Often, the players that remain are small bettors, so then you can switch gears and bet big. If you get a big lead, sit on it until someone catches you. If it doesn't work, go sign up again!