Ultimate Blackjack Tour

Do many people play the UBT games online? I want to get on TV man, but I'm sure the odds are pretty much a million to one. Anyway, it's kind of a fun twist on blackjack.

The funny thing with it though is how crappy everyone is. I am pretty good at strategy after reading some books, and I've watched all the episodes so far on TV... so it's pretty funny to start a new game and have everyone bet their entire chip stack on the first hand.

I won a game this morning after two rounds of minimum bets. I bet $500, then the rest of the table went either $25,000 or split their stacks with $12,500 bets. The entire table lost so three people are eliminated. The second hand, the three people who were now down to $12,500 bet the whole shot, and I just put another $500 bet out there. Dealer gets blackjack and everyone loses. I win with the $24,000 I have left after the others go broke!

:laugh:

It's fun, but doesn't help develop playing skills. It's nice (but rare!) when you get a table of people actually using their brains instead of just going all-in, busting, and trying it again right away with the next game.

So any of you guys play?

scanner said:
Do many people play the UBT games online? I want to get on TV man, but I'm sure the odds are pretty much a million to one. Anyway, it's kind of a fun twist on blackjack.

It's fun, but doesn't help develop playing skills. It's nice (but rare!) when you get a table of people actually using their brains instead of just going all-in, busting, and trying it again right away with the next game.

So any of you guys play?
Scanner,

PlayUBT.com = ploppy-ville

If you had fun play at the 2000 EST 1,000 guarentee tourney at Bet21.com - cost = 20+2. It happens every night. At 2200 EST they have a 2,500 tourney with a 50+5 buy in.

The play in the tourneys is top-notch. Notable players at the 2200 hours regularly include the following:

Ken Smith
Anthony Curtis
Annie Duke
Joe Pane
David Matthews
Michael C
Russ Hamilton
Debo
Poker Ho
and last but not least everyone's favorite punching bag:
Hollywood Dave

To win a place at the final table you need to place 1-2 in 3 rounds. Entire tourney last 90-120 minutes. EV is good - if you are.

PS BS and Tournament BJ is a lethal mix. For more infor about UBT see the sister site to this: https://www.blackjacktournaments.com/forums/28/

If you decide to sign up for Bet21.com - drop my name as a referral and I'll split the referral fee with you!

Whoa. I didn't know anything about that site until now. Looks AWESOME! Thanks for the hookup.

I'll take you up on that offer if I sign up. Thanks!

ScottH

I played these tourneys for a while and most players were pretty bad. I was doing extremely well and I had just started playing tournaments. I had just finished reading Ken Smith's tournament advice and was off to the tables.

The advice is really good, but you really have to just play to come up with strategies, and you have to practice a lot to be able to make the decisions in the limited time they give you to act. You want as many decisions as possible to be routine, and practice helps with that.

I even played a tourney with a UBT player (MichaelC) who said he was a friend of Ken's. I was the chipleader going into the last hand, but MichaelC got a blackjack and took it down. It's fun playing blackjack with great players that make TV final tables. I know I need a little luck to hang with them, but it's fun, win or lose.

Plus, all the TV players I have talked to are really nice and talk back. I recommend playing the game, it's fun. I havn't played them in a long time, I should get back into it...

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, the PlayUBT.com games are not at all representative of the live money games. Since they are all free, most players just go all-in on the first hand. In fact, when I play there, I often do the same thing! I usually play at least 3 games at a time that way. On the ones that I win the first couple of hands, I pay attention.

If you see me at UltimateBet or Bet21, you'll see a completely different approach.

shadroch

I play the free AOL tourneys once or twice a week. You start with a $5,000 BR and max bet is 2,500 so most people don't go all kamikaze.It usually draws a few hundred people and can take a bout 2 1/2 hours if you reach the final table. Something I've done only once.
Nitely at 9PM.