Uston ss

eps6724

Has anyone had any experience using the Uston SS count? I ran a quick search on this site, but was unable to find a thread where anyone had spent time using it. I did find references to something called UZB2 (?) but haven't found a lot of info on that.

Thanks, and please bear with me, I'm still learning!

eps6724 said:
Has anyone had any experience using the Uston SS count? I ran a quick search on this site, but was unable to find a thread where anyone had spent time using it. I did find references to something called UZB2 (?) but haven't found a lot of info on that.

Thanks, and please bear with me, I'm still learning!
I've used it, and it's a good one.

However if you really want to use an unbalanced level 3 count, I'd recommend the BRH-1 over Uston SS. The system tags are {-2,1,2,2,3,2,1,0,0,-2}. It has the advantage of not counting the 9; counting the 9 seems to hurt more than it helps usually.

eps6724

Thanks kindly-could you direct me to where I might find more information on the BRH-1? I'm still trying to gather information on as many different ones as I can.

Also, the 5-why do so many systems rate it that way?

Thanks again!

The author of the BRH series of counts is Brett Harris. Brett also invented the 'N0' figure of merit for a blackjack game, which is the number of hands you have to play before you have a 1 SD chance of being ahead. It is a depressing and enlightening statistic.

Doing a Google search on this name and "BRH" will eventually get you someplace where you can buy the monograph. He might even be lurking around here.

The 5 is counted that way because it really is a bad card to have laying around, from the player's perspective. The dealer can have any stiff and if he gets a 5, he makes his hand. A 5 has the highest EOR of any card including the Ace.

If you learn BRH-1 and and someday decide you'd rather use a balanced count, all you have to do is count the Five as +2 instead of +3 and you've got the Revere Point Count. Or alternatively, you can count the Nine as -1 instead of 0 and you get Halves.

eps6724

Thanks!

Thanks so much. I'll be looking into all of the systems you mentioned. (I have found that the closer I get to 45, the more I want to know about everything I find interesting. Obviously, my interests have changed since college!)

Thanks again! I'm off to search some more!

Eric

Try BRH-II

Automatic Monkey said:
I've used it, and it's a good one.

However if you really want to use an unbalanced level 3 count, I'd recommend the BRH-1 over Uston SS. The system tags are {-2,1,2,2,3,2,1,0,0,-2}. It has the advantage of not counting the 9; counting the 9 seems to hurt more than it helps usually.
If you are going to learn the BRH system, go for BRH-2. I bought the books from extremebj.com (under RR's management) but that website now has a different company

eps6724

Brh-ii

Thanks. I've been trying to track a copy of the report down, but unfortuntely the only site that I can find tht lists it has it as out of stock, availability uncertain. And extremebj.com has changed. And believe me, a google search of extreme bj got me a quick smack in the back of my head by the wife who looked over my shoulder and read what came up! But, I'll keep searching in the belief that if it's THAT hard to find, it's either very good or not worth the paper it's printed on! (I'll opt for the former)

I am under the impression that the book 'Blackjack Attack II' has some information on this count in it, so that's my next one on my shopping list, unless someone knows the whereabouts of the BRH reports???

Again, thanks!

EPS