Vegas Trip To Imperial Palace

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has done blackjack trips to Imperial Palace? I stayed there for 2 nights and every table I sat down at skyrocketed to a negative count and dealer would go on a streak and the dealer/player win ratio was approx 10:1. Is that just part of blackjack streak? And this will sound hokey cuz I've heard rumours that winning blackjack at IP is like impossible and thats one of the reasons why I chose to stay there to prove the rumour wrong...but I guess rumours are right?

Regards,
Qdini

gorilla player

hmmm

My son and I played there back in the Summer. Seemed fine to me. Shoes seem to run in streaks for me anyway, but we did better there than at the Grand and Caesar's where we stayed (we split the trip between the two due to comps).

Seemed (to me anyway) that the pit was less paranoid about counters, although the 2D game I played by myself when my son went out prowling the strip seemed to be paranoid about marked cards for some reason. Never saw any while I was playing, but they sure checked them often enough to slow the game down. We went through more decks of cards than a 6d shoe game it seemed, sometimes having the cards changed out after only two shuffles... Never understood the point since players were not coming and going, there were only two-three of us 99% of the time I played...

Stealth Bomber

Just the way it is.

At least it's nice to know the big cards are there. You want to start worrying when you're at a small joint on 6D and you keep getting sucked into heavy counts, but keep losing because you keep getting junk.

It is possible that somebody keeps cutting the same and they have a very sharp dealer who front loads the big cards. If you know that's happening, you can really cook their azzes off with your big bets at the top of the pack.