Weekend Warriors

Canceler

sagefr0g said:
well it didn't have to be ten shoes. it could'a been one or one thousand. anyone can report however many they want.
That's what I was thinking. 10 seemed like a nice round number.

I'll attach my cumulative results for 20 shoes. I had a little reversal of fortune. :(

I played an additional 3 shoes, and then cleverly lost a key part of my stats. So any future results I report will be starting over at 0 hands played. (Whoever's keeping score should make a note of that!)

sagefr0g said:
well too we can discuss these long or short haul plays as far as our counting experiences and the practice value of what we are doing. or just shoot the bull?
I wouldn't mind that. I was thinking there might actually be some practice value in this. And I'm for sure fairly clueless about some of this standard deviation stuff, so I just might learn something.

I do have to say I enjoyed the friendly competition that you and jackson had. The current plan seems awfully open-ended, lasting forever. That kind of makes me want to do it less, rather than more.

Attachments

sagefr0g

jack said:
Zengrifter may of been trying to help, in an unorthordox sinister, kind of way:grin:

Some things defy description.
really? what's it gonna cost us? lol
yeah i agree he's probably "Only wants to help"......
(Dead link: http://frogsandprinces.dawntreader.net/games.html)

sagefr0g

Canceler said:

I'll attach my cumulative results for 20 shoes. I had a little reversal of fortune. :(

I played an additional 3 shoes, and then cleverly lost a key part of my stats. So any future results I report will be starting over at 0 hands played. (Whoever's keeping score should make a note of that!)
i think jj is working on a score board sorta of thing. really i dunno it might get a bit messy if folks reported in just willy nilly. but i guess maybe the idea is there isn't any pressure to make some deadline. so maybe if jj has a structure for a scoreboard with dates to report it might help organize things and then well if some one doesn't report in, no big deal. sort of what you can or want to do sort of thing. lol. fun and work i guess.
Canceler said:
I wouldn't mind that. I was thinking there might actually be some practice value in this. And I'm for sure fairly clueless about some of this standard deviation stuff, so I just might learn something.

I do have to say I enjoyed the friendly competition that you and jackson had. The current plan seems awfully open-ended, lasting forever. That kind of makes me want to do it less, rather than more.
yes i'm learning more about the standard deviation stuff as well.
did you see the spread sheet Kasi posted?
http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showpost.php?p=82245&postcount=12
really cool for standard deviation and the like. but i think your counting with KO so i think you'd need to put in the values for you pertainent KO rc's maybe using the frequencies and winrates and variance from the cvcx sim's i posted for KO? correct me if i'm wrong Kasi?
but yeah jj and i had fun with that competition and it was good practice.
but thats a good point about how open ended the effort is. but maybe we can get close to N0 or something like that. five or so of us playing i guess we could get close to N0 in not to awful long a time. it'll be interesting to see how it shapes up.

jack.jackson

sagefr0g said:
don't worry Zen. some of us haven't given up on voodoo. and there is hope that others will try too :devil: . just wanna have the best of both worlds AP & what?
the placebo effect maybe. :confused:
He probably feels, fellow members, and NoN-Members, may be getting the wrong impression or mislead from the title of the thread. "Blackjackinfo.Com Team"

In that, the voodoo section might be a more suitable place, for the image were striving to project.

Last edited:

sagefr0g

jack said:
He probably feels, fellow members, and NoN-Members, may be getting the wrong impression or mislead from the title of the thread. "Blackjackinfo.Com Team"

In that, the voodoo section might be a more suitable place, for the image were striving to project.
thats a good point. never thought of that :eek: .....
well i guess the powers that be can move it if they want or (shudder) what ever. but it is card counting what we're trying to do. but the thread title i can see it could be troublesome for Ken or like you say impressions on others. i don't think i can edit it or change it at this point. i'll try.........
lol nope it can't be edited.
maybe the bullet chaser or Zen can fix it?

Kasi

Canceler said:

It is a litle unstructured at the moment lol which is mostly my fault. I haven't "centralized" all the results yet.

But like for the hands you posted our original sim predicted an avg bet of $109 so you must be doing something right. Your result for 955 hands is less than a half stan dev from expected (if you played to our sim).

Since I gather you made your own sim, which is cool, once I have it I will use it, you can too, to measure your own results.

In fact, the more I think about it, if anyone wants to make their own sim for their own counting system etc and wants to furnish it, I can include it so they can measure themselves against that sim. Include it in "team"results too.
I'll figure out some "blended" team method. I hope.

In the meantime, here's a slightly revised sheet for anyone that also has a CVCX sim that The Wise One ran for me with a different assumption as to how the TC was calculated in it along with the original Psim sheet.

If one chooses to practice to original sim, just plug hands played into cell D118 and see where their results stand at that point. If you practice with more advance software and know things like avg bet, compare that too. Etc.

Plug in some different units at different TC's and see what happens. Change your bankroll or unit size and see how risk maybe changes if u want. It's just a tool to possibly show the value of using sims.

Tomorrow, I'll try to zero in on indiv and team results. In the meantime, keep your own results so you can double-check me. Not to mention I have to start playing a few hands too lol.

OK - I exceeded a size limitation. I'll work on it lol.

jack.jackson

sagefr0g said:
up $5,710.00
threehundredtwentyfour hands in.......
Very nice!

Well mark that down.

Now you believe that I was up over 15,000$ in a little less than 1,000 hands. I doubled *XvsX and splits tens,w/MaxBets TWICE, and WON everything!!

I actually went on to win another 4,000 before I was compelled by choice, to start over, so that my graphs natched my BR.
Now that I got the hang of CVBJ, it should be one continous cumulative Log.

*This was Awesome! On Both occasions that I doubled XvsX, I hooked aces for 21 beating his 20:laugh:

I think we should have a goal, as a team, of reaching 100k

My BR at the present moment, is approximately 1K@3,500hnds!

Note:Will update scoreboard shortly

Last edited:

sagefr0g

jack said:
Very nice!

Well mark that down.
thanks, i mean yeah for now what a breath of fresh air from the beating i took in sagethepoisonfrog vs jack-theghostrider-jackson saga. lol
jack said:
Now you believe that I was up over 15,000$ in a little less than 1,000 hands. I doubled *XvsX and splits tens,w/MaxBets TWICE, and WON everything!!

I actually went on to win another 4,000 before I was compelled by choice, to start over, so that my graphs natched my BR.
Now that I got the hang of CVBJ, it should be one continous cumulative Log.

*This was Awesome! On Both occasions that I doubled XvsX, I hooked aces for 21 beating his 20:laugh:
yeah glad your using the CVBJ. have you gotten into the statistics history (not logs) yet? cool stuff in there. must of been kind of hard to dismiss that $15,000 lol.
for a real world nickle player like me it's wild betting this ramp and spread with these min's and max bets lol. man you can really zoom up there. :rolleyes: just the thing is the fall can really be the pits too. :eek:
but heck if i could afford to bet like this i know i wouldn't mess with no fuzzy count lol. i'd be watching that count like a hawk lol.
jack said:
I think we should have a goal, as a team, of reaching 100k

My BR at the present moment, is approximately 1K@3,500hnds!

Note:Will update scoreboard shortly
sounds like a plan on reaching the 100k. i think Kasi's spread sheet can crank out some numbers on that.
sounds good to for the scoreboard.
oh oh gotta get some :sleep:

Canceler

Canceler said:
So any future results I report will be starting over at 0 hands played. (Whoever's keeping score should make a note of that!)
Scratch that. I figured out how to keep my results cumulative. Not that it was that hard! :joker:

I don’t remember the counts being particularly bad for this last set of 10 shoes, but they must have been, because I bet much less than I did in either of the first two sets of 10. Like about half. Apparently, this gave me the opportunity to lose less. It’s a good thing I know I’m playing at an advantage or I would think I was losing money!

Attachments

sagefr0g

Canceler said:
Scratch that. I figured out how to keep my results cumulative. Not that it was that hard! :joker:

I don’t remember the counts being particularly bad for this last set of 10 shoes, but they must have been, because I bet much less than I did in either of the first two sets of 10. Like about half. Apparently, this gave me the opportunity to lose less. It’s a good thing I know I’m playing at an advantage or I would think I was losing money!
hey Canceler what you got there with that graph thingy dude? lol
can you explain that a bit? look kewl.

aslan

Second Second Report LOL

I originally posted in the Idiot's thread. Guess that makes me a you know what. I was wondering where you guys were hanging out. Thought it must be a big weekend for everybody to be away at the same time. Lol

After 325 hands, I stand $425 ahead.

My average bet was $47.
Highest point was $875.
Lowest point was $525.

Assuming I had $25,000 in my pocket (My personal criteria is bankroll should be 100 times max bet), it seems like a lot of work for a small gain, which the next 325 hands may sweep away. Of course, I guess recording each hand on my computer contributed to the feeling of "work." Lol

PS--I wouldn't really carry $25,000 in my pocket. Lol

jack.jackson

ScoreBoard

Weekend Warriors:

Rules:6D,S17,DA2,DAS,/HA-.40

Conditions:Headsup,Playall,80%,Pen,100KBR

Members:

Kasi/n/a
Sagefrog/+17,572$
Canceler/-2,576
Aslan/+425$
K_C/+125$