Weekend Warriors

k_c

sagefr0g said:
ok k_c below i have an image of your spreadsheet. maybe it's a lot to ask. but well if you can it would be interesting to have an interpretation or sort of an explaination. sort of in line with what you were explaining above.
Well if you are able to record the composition before each round is dealt then you can use the composition to compute RC and/or TC for any count. If basic strategy is used then the result of the hand would always be constant. All that would need to be done is to enter data into the spreadsheet to get the relevant RC and/or TC and to get the bet spread for each additional count like I did for Hi-Lo. What you would have is a comparison of the performance of different count systems on the same set of compositions.

sagefr0g

interesting comparison

i think this is an interesting comparison.
canceler's graph, results and kasi's ko preferred spreadsheet.
note: canceler's ev in the graph appears close to $6,644 of Kasi's spread sheet. and canceler's graphic result $19,723.50 minus $6,644 equals $13,079.50 . very close to Kasi's one standard deviation of $14,510 for this many hands played.

Attachments

sagefr0g

k_c said:
Well if you are able to record the composition before each round is dealt then you can use the composition to compute RC and/or TC for any count. If basic strategy is used then the result of the hand would always be constant. All that would need to be done is to enter data into the spreadsheet to get the relevant RC and/or TC and to get the bet spread for each additional count like I did for Hi-Lo. What you would have is a comparison of the performance of different count systems on the same set of compositions.
got it thank you k-c. i'm still studying on it. lol . been studying your formula's in the spread sheet getting an idea of how you did all that.

k_c

sagefr0g said:
got it thank you k-c. i'm still studying on it. lol . been studying your formula's in the spread sheet getting an idea of how you did all that.
Added KO to the spreadsheet as an unbalanced count using Aslan's bet spread -

KO
Count.....Bet
LE-5.......$25
-4..........$50
-3..........$50
-2..........$75
-1..........$100
0...........$125
+1.........$150
+2.........$200
+3.........$225
GE+4.....$250

Think I did it right because you can input any figure you want for KO Imbalance and still arrive at the same bet spread. For 6 decks KO naturally would start with an initial running count of -24. I'm guessing from Aslan's table that the starting running count would be -20 giving an imbalance of
-20 - (-24) = +4.
An unbalanced KO counter can start the count at anything he wants since all he's measuring is the increase or decrease in running count so the above numbers will change with a different imbalance but it's all relative and the spread will be exactly the same. For example if you decided to start running count at 0 the table would be:

KO
Count.....Bet
LE +15.......$25
+16..........$50
+17..........$50
+18..........$75
+19..........$100
+20...........$125
+21.........$150
+22.........$200
+23.........$225
GE+24.....$250

Attachments

k_c

Canceler said:
FYI: The "standard" IRC in KO is 4 - (4 * # of decks). ;)
That's good to know.

If no "imbalance" is defined for KO then IRC would be -4 * (# of decks). KO can be true counted without defining an "imbalance." Most KO players use an "imbalance" and forget about true counting. I guess you could define imbalance = (defined IRC) - (-4 * (# of decks)). In your "standard" KO IRC formula the imbalance would always = 4. If defined IRC = -4 * (# of decks) then imbalance = 0.

You could also define an imbalance for Hi-Lo if desired but no one ever does, probably because the natural IRC = 0.

Just trying to adapt to the way people play without judging what is simplest or best and so far just for specifically 6 decks and Aslan's spread.

Last edited:

jack.jackson

Be back after these messages.

sagefr0g said:
up $33,722.00
2,439 hands
not much wiggle room for that high 3 SD :eek:

So whadaya think sage, is it time to play for some cash??:laugh: I think for 5K you could have a decent shot.

Had to reformat my computer. Still unable to open zip files, or download programs at all or correctly. Workin on it, over at techspot.

sagefr0g

jack said:
So whadaya think sage, is it time to play for some cash??:laugh: I think for 5K you could have a decent shot.

Had to reformat my computer. Still unable to open zip files, or download programs at all or correctly. Workin on it, over at techspot.
oh if i only had the guts lol.
you gotta fix that thang mon.
kewl lights vid.
rumour has it poison fr0g is up $39,148.00 .......at 2,484 hands.

Canceler

sagefr0g said:
rumour has it poison fr0g is up $39,148.00 .......at 2,484 hands.
Wow! How are we supposed to catch you now?

While you were doing that, I decided to deviate from being a good little robot for just one hand. At +9 (KO) I figured it might be safe to split my 10s vs 6. Ended up with two 14s, which lost. Poof! $1200 gone.

sagefr0g

Canceler said:
Wow! How are we supposed to catch you now?

While you were doing that, I decided to deviate from being a good little robot for just one hand. At +9 (KO) I figured it might be safe to split my 10s vs 6. Ended up with two 14s, which lost. Poof! $1200 gone.
lol i'm officially in the twilight zone now. over and above three std dev's :eek:
you know me the quitter when i'm aheader, guy lol. scared to play any more cause i'm thinkin the other shoe is gonna drop.
i did the same thing, for got myself and played some matices, won most of them too. i feel so guilty :p
jj's haven trouble with his horse lol.

Attachments

sagefr0g

update

Weekend Warriors:

Rules:6D,S17,DA2,DAS,/HA-.40

Conditions:Headsup,Playall,80%,Pen,100KBR

Warriors:

Dollars.........Hands played

Sagefrog//+40,072$....3281
Canceler//+20,173.50$.........8064
Ghostrider+21,275$.....10,036
Aslan////+425$...........325
K_C/////+750$............91
Kasi/////n/a...............n/a

Total:+82,695.50$.......21,797

player's status report.....
Sagefr0g frozen like a deer in headlights afraid to play any more....:eek:
Canceler played a basic strategy departure and lost $1,200 or so...:cry:
Ghostrider horse is currently lame...:(
Aslan on a diplomatic mission or something....:cat:
K_C busy thinkin up new software.....:eyepatch:
Kasi terrorizing lake tahoe (for really playing some BJ) :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jack.jackson

You guys, gonna be ready for battle this weekend?

Im gonna pick-up where I left off (21,175$)and start a new session graph(not by choice) had to re-format. Been reading alot about the BSOD(blue screen of death)

Hey sage how come your winning so much. Whats going on w/ya. How I am suppossed to catch ya now,fr0g:laugh: