What do you tell a ploppy?

Hunch has been my explantion as well.

I know I've been at table too long when the ploppy asks why I hit a 16 sometimes and stay others.

Or the dealer directs the ploppy questions my way.

21gunsalute

Blackjackdealer said:
I agree with the idea that if you no intentions of playing the deck yourself, you have no business deciding the fate of the players at the table. I am not arguing that it is not 100% random though, just that it is a common courtesy.
johnnyb said:
The dealer looked at everyone with the cut card and no one was willing to cut into the decks because ploppies are just completely superstitious.
If he hadn't cut, the ploppies would still be waiting for someone to not cut the cards. I guess they would have saved themselves some money that way though.

Gamblor

Zach Black said:
Hunch has been my explantion as well.

I know I've been at table too long when the ploppy asks why I hit a 16 sometimes and stay others.

Or the dealer directs the ploppy questions my way.
I know I've been playing at a table too long when the dealer's shift is over and is going home, and tells the table I've been sitting there since her shift began :laugh:

Gamblor

The Chaperone said:
If only you had wonged out on him religiously over the course of the day, he probably wouldn't have been around to ask you the question.
I wong out as much as I can, and not any more. There was some unusual circumstances (so new members don't get the wrong impression and try to sit at a table for 10 straight hours :laugh:). Lets just say in some places and times, I wong out all the time, in other places and times I do not.

But also be wary of constant in place wonging, personally seen another AP start to get some heat for this reason alone (it was at a known sweaty joint though).

tthree said:
I get the attention even if i have been flat betting because of the lack of any opportunities. I think they watch my odd plays and track whether I was better off or not. Learning a 100 indices with a very high PE can make you look quite intuitive. After a half hour to an hour of minimum betting everyone wants my advice.
AHHH MY CUP OF TEA. Finally someone who understands a game can be beat flat betting. I knew there was a reason I left Essex to come to the americas

BJLFS said:
"Intuitive" - good answer.

BTW, what I usually do when a ploppy keeps criticizing my play is I tell them I am counting! :laugh: I usually get an "Ok" and a laugh then they go back to playing their own hand. Also, not one was turned me in yet!
I have used that line on more than one occasion. Im counting why dont you learn to read go buy a book on the subject read the book undrstand the book learn that fate does not affect the cards in any way lose your superstition and stop throwing your money away. This guy says who said I was throwing my money away. I respond with well the tone of your voice for one and and you asked me how the HELL I was making all this money. Ploppie then proceeds to tip getting up from the table blushing and looking defeated.

blackriver

There is always a (very small ) chance some shuffle tracker is trying not to seem too eager. that could be me. I get so mad when a poppy fights to get the card. i just leave. Its like come on bro,i could make some money for both of us but you gotta be a hero? Same with craps,i get annoyed when people don't bet max odd or even try to set the dice.just pass to me fool. obviously ploppies can't know what they don't know, but I sometimes like to think they do. (asians love to pass me the card and they notice the result somewhat. All the pattern watching in baccarat pays off!) This is the same reason why you shouldn't vote if your stupid and think you are just supposed to chose who you'd rather have a beer with. Maybe someone knows something and your just getting in the way etc.

(what a weak rant, goodnight)

blackriver said:
There is always a (very small ) chance some shuffle tracker is trying not to seem too eager. that could be me. I get so mad when a poppy fights to get the card. i just leave. Its like come on bro,i could make some money for both of us but you gotta be a hero? Same with craps,i get annoyed when people don't bet max odd or even try to set the dice.just pass to me fool. obviously ploppies can't know what they don't know, but I sometimes like to think they do. (asians love to pass me the card and they notice the result somewhat. All the pattern watching in baccarat pays off!) This is the same reason why you shouldn't vote if your stupid and think you are just supposed to chose who you'd rather have a beer with. Maybe someone knows something and your just getting in the way etc.

(what a weak rant, goodnight)
The fact that you think you can win by setting the dice in craps makes me question the rest of your post.

pogostick

bjcardcounter said:
Was playing at a green chip table on a weekday. As usual all ploppies blaming every other play others do. One guy will blame others for not playing the hand correctly but he himself will stand on 16 V 10. He gives a reason that he is at least consistent.

Ok. So the same guy has lost his first marker. And was chasing that loss (think about 7K) with another marker. He was betting 2 or 4 units a hand. We were playing for about 5,6 hours together. He was playing for another 8 hours before I joined. There were many dead shoes, when I was betting one unit. When the count peaks I was betting 16/12 unit bet. So this guy was watching me because we were the only two guys in the table. End of the day, he asked the question - "I keep seeing you betting 1/2 chips most of the time but all of a sudden you go for a big stack of chips. I do not understand how you decide to raise your bets, can you tell me?".

Irony, the same guy was telling others that 2D are no more in East Coast because people can remember the cards.

Has it happened to you? What do you tell him. I just smiled and avoided the question.
I promised myself to ignore them & that goes for ploppy dealers also. case> I was dealt a soft 18 against the dealer's 9 at 3rd base . I motioned for a hit ,ploppy: no, no you have a 18. Dealer; sir you have a 18 . Every dam one at the table was saying no, so I gave in & the dealer turns a 10. I lose $75 ploppy wins his bet setting on 20. Guess what the next card was? A frigging 2 .