What happens if you overdraw in a pitch game?

The count is bad, you're near the cut card in a DD game and you'd rather not have another round dealt. You have 16 vs. dealer 10. You draw a 6. But you scratch for another card, 3, then 2, then 2, then another 3, then the cut card, then a 9, the dealer says "Hey come on" and with a giggle you toss in your 16. Mission accomplished, but are they going to: laugh with me, warn me, toss me out of the game, claim cheat, etc.? It sounds like a cheap and somewhat useful trick.

The Mayor

I have done it many times.

Oops! Sorry. I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Just once per sitting, though, please. You really can't get away with this too often.

its fun and pisses off the pit!

I had been dealt an ace and a 2. I hit and got another ace. I hit again and took another ace. So now I have a total of 5 or 15. SO I hit and get 3. Now I have a 8/18. I hit it again and get a two. I know I should have stopped but I was coming from a deep negative count. so I hit boom 3. I have a hard 13. I hit and get a four. Hard seventeen. I hit. I get a 4 for 21. The dealer and two pit monkeys are staring at me in disbelief. Hey it gave me the look of a ploppy. F*ck em!

Dog Hand

Cost me $600 recently...

Automatic Monkey,

I had two $150 stiff hands versus the dealer's 5. The ploppy on my left playing one hand drew an 8 and then a face. When he scratched for yet another hit, the dealer got suspicious and asked to see his cards. His original hand was a hard 16. I guess he was going for a world's record!

Everyone else stood, the dealer flipped his hole card, a 9, and then instead of taking the face that the ploppy overdrew, he pulled a 7 to make a 21, which swept the table.

Ouch!

As Mom used to say, "It's only fun until someone gets hurt!" ;-)

Dog Hand

Good way to get rid of ploppies too

Wow yeah there's a good chance you'll help the dealer doing that and the ploppies will howl. If you can stand the heat, this might be a good way to depopulate a table when necessary.

suicyco maniac

I've done it

In fact I have even tucked a BJ a few times hoping the dealers hit cards would eat up another round and the cut card would surface. I agree that you shouldn't do it too often or it will start to annoy the staff. SM