Whats you favorite cover play:

sagefr0g

21forme said:
Is it politically correct to use the W word?
lol i had to google it....... thats a new one on me.
think my black friends used to call white dudes like that *** - wannabe's .
but it is cool when they are at the table with you as they tend to be game for anything lol.

la_dee_daa

Ferretnparrot said:
I really dont use any cover plays i just use the word "Yo" very liberally when i play
just add "BOSS" and "money in the bank!" and you can bet as much or as little as you want with no question!!!

SD Padres

My favorite cover play is to double on 11 vs dealer 6 with true count of +8!...LOL
Are you serious??? You are SUPPOSED to hit A7 vs X.

jack.jackson

SD Padres said:
My favorite cover play is to double on 11 vs dealer 6 with true count of +8!...LOL
Are you serious??? You are SUPPOSED to hit A7 vs X.
The most common and most popular cover play IS standing on A7vsX, which was also once my favorite about 10 years ago. Any pit boss that has a Working Knowledge of the game and HAS been currently observing your play, KNOWS counters WILL stand on this play. Which sometimes and in some cases could be a redflag. Im merely using a catch22 as my example:eyepatch:

EasyRhino

TheProdigy said:
The dealers reactions are so funny. They think you're just a lucky moron...
I tried doubling (for less) a 14v10 a while back, and the dealer just kept repeating "please... please don't". Kind of like a prison camp survivor.

Mimosine

EasyRhino said:
I tried doubling (for less) a 14v10 a while back, and the dealer just kept repeating "please... please don't". Kind of like a prison camp survivor.
that's when you should slam your drink down on the table, stand up and ragefully yell "DOUBLE DOWN! DOUBLE DOWN!" "GIVE ME MY GODDAMN CARD!"

Ferretnparrot

Last night i had an epifomy that Doubling for less on a soft 18 vs ten may offer less loss expectation than doubling a hard 14 vs 10. as zen mentioned

Take a look at the outcomes and what you would do the next hand at a very high count after you hit a soft 18.

The only cards that would hurt you are 4,5,6 which at high counts are less plentiful
drawing a 7 8 or 9 you wouldnt draw an additional card if the count was higher than the index of 15 vs 10 and would have no effect on losing your ability to draw more cards
drawing tens would have no effect as you wouldnt draw more cards
and drawing A 2 3 you would have hands that you would stand on anyways.
also you cant bust on this one.

ima start using this one

I think this is genious and i want credit for it.:grin:

Ferret

SD Padres

jack said:
The most common and most popular cover play IS standing on A7vsX, which was also once my favorite about 10 years ago. Any pit boss that has a Working Knowledge of the game and HAS been currently observing your play, KNOWS counters WILL stand on this play. Which sometimes and in some cases could be a redflag. Im merely using a catch22 as my example:eyepatch:
Ok...forgive me but I just don't understand then. Your initial post said that you hit A7 vs X to look like a non counter. I know from experience that hitting A7 vs X gets the attention of the pit very fast. The reason being is that this is a move ONLY a counter would do. So how can standing on that make you look like a counter. It makes you look like a civilian. I don't believe that the pit thinks standing on this is an AP move. They know better. Did you mean to say in your original post that you STOOD on A7 vs X for a cover? Because that's what your second post says. That would make more sense to me. If I'm ignorant here please straighten me out. I guess I just don't understand where you are coming from. :)

21forme

Ferretnparrot said:
its like a handicap ok it not right to make fun of peopel that cant spell

epiphomy is a word even if i dont know how to spell it so:p
Normally, I wouldn't do it, but I'm had to give you a hard time for that thread that Sonny cleaned up. Now I'll go back to ignoring you.