Why is splitting 6s so favorable.

Dopple

I have my index plays blown up on the garage wall and look at them when ever I get in and out of the car. I see splitting 6s vs. 2, 3 and 4 is -6, -7 and -8 in the UAPC system us dinosaurs use.

I need to remind myself of this because unless I am really on my toes I am timid to split the 6s thinking I will get a lousy ten. Perhaps it is because if you get a 3, 4 or 5 you have a good double in many cases.

I am just using these posts to tend to my card jones. I have not been on the green for a while.

pooptarts92

Dopple said:
I have my index plays blown up on the garage wall and look at them when ever I get in and out of the car. I see splitting 6s vs. 2, 3 and 4 is -6, -7 and -8 in the UAPC system us dinosaurs use.

I need to remind myself of this because unless I am really on my toes I am timid to split the 6s thinking I will get a lousy ten. Perhaps it is because if you get a 3, 4 or 5 you have a good double in many cases.

I am just using these posts to tend to my card jones. I have not been on the green for a while.
Don't think about getting a 10, think about the doubles. Soft 17 included, getting an ace on a 6 will give you a nice double along with a 3 4 or 5, maybe even a resplit.

LIB

Dopple said:
Yes and no. Splitting 6s against 2, 3, or 4 as the dealer's upcard is a defensive split; you split because it's less disadvantageous than not splitting. If you choose not to split when the correct strategy tells you to do so, you're holding a hard 12. So you let your nose bleed instead of letting its bone break. As Pascal says, "you're embarked."