Win rate

daniel27

Hello, this is the question:
what should be an adecuate win rate por hour?? i mean with a good WR the Std DV is too much for me , is there a way to find the right one????
any opinion would be welcome
thanks D27

kewljason

daniel27 said:
what should be an adecuate win rate por hour?? i mean with a good WR the Std DV is too much for me , is there a way to find the right one????
thanks D27
To get the best win rate, you need to bet more money, larger spread, which will create a bigger SD, wilder swings and require a larger bankroll. Even if you have that larger bankroll, then you are faced with the problem of actually implementing this spread and still be welcome to play. Of course you can cut down on your spread, but then your winrate will suffer as well. So the trick is to find a happy medium. One that your bankroll can support, yet still earn you a decent profit.

Last edited:

daniel27

hi

kewljason said:
One that your bankroll can support, yet still earn you a decent profit.
Sorry for the question, i only have my books QFIT software and this site,,,
but a decent profit should be like 25 - 50 - 100 /hr ?????
thanks in advance

johndoe

daniel27 said:
thanks in advance
This range is fairly common, though it really depends on your bankroll, risk tolerance, and game quality. Even $25/hr+ requires a bankroll in the $10k-$20k range for an acceptably low risk of ruin (IMO).

Making $100/hr requires a pretty formidable bankroll.

But QFIT's software (CVCX) should tell you all of that.

Unshake

daniel27 said:
thanks in advance
It can also depend on the games you have available to play. Its a lot easier to make $50/hr playing a great game than a 70% H17 8 deck game.

daniel27

johndoe said:
This range is fairly common, though it really depends on your bankroll, risk tolerance, and game quality. Even $25/hr+ requires a bankroll in the $10k-$20k range for an acceptably low risk of ruin (IMO).

Making $100/hr requires a pretty formidable bankroll.

But QFIT's software (CVCX) should tell you all of that.
With 24000 BR , ROR 4%, 109 /hr (CVCX) , the problem is; last week i lost 1600 in 1 hour , so that should be normal but hurts a lot.
Any comments???

Kasi

daniel27 said:
With 24000 BR , ROR 4%, 109 /hr (CVCX) , the problem is; last week i lost 1600 in 1 hour , so that should be normal but hurts a lot. Any comments???
Sure - what the heck does "should be normal" mean? lol.

How "normal" was it?

What does CVCX say about that? Wouldn't you feel better if it was 1 in 100, 000 normal versus 1 in 3 normal?

Even better, perhaps, post the CVCX sim you are using for that 1 hour of play.

moo321

daniel27 said:
thanks D27
Depends. Pitch games are typically stronger/lower variance. Shoe games have higher variance but lower heat. Shoe game can be back-counted for better EV, lower variance, and lower heat, BUT you don't get comps, and can't play too long.

daniel27

Kasi said:
Sure - what the heck does "should be normal" mean? lol.

How "normal" was it?

What does CVCX say about that? Wouldn't you feel better if it was 1 in 100, 000 normal versus 1 in 3 normal?

Even better, perhaps, post the CVCX sim you are using for that 1 hour of play.
My Std Dev was 1294/hr, i dont knoe how to post the sim.

Kasi

daniel27 said:
My Std Dev was 1294/hr, i dont knoe how to post the sim.
Thanks Daniel27.

In which case, it may probably be pretty "normal" for one hour's results so, despite the pain, I guess maybe you should just get used to it lol. Don't know what else to say lol. Lots of 1 hour results, as time goes by, will fall into this lilkelihood.

In the meantime, while also measuring results hour by hour, also measure them cumulatively as the hours go by.

If you are using hi-lo in some normal game in some normal way maybe you could even specify counting system, how much bet at what point, game pen and rules and someone here maybe can post your sim for you that might or might not yield, to me, a different perspective.