Wong Insurance 10 Count

boneuphtoner

Why don't more people use this? I know the BC isn't super high (it is like .80), but we're talking PERFECT insurance here. That has to be worth something.

boneuphtoner said:
Why don't more people use this? I know the BC isn't super high (it is like .80), but we're talking PERFECT insurance here. That has to be worth something.
It's surprisingly effective, but the insurance count is best used by a partner at your table. Only in rare cases is it the best thing you can use for a game.

"true counted" unbalanced insurance count,
IRC(initial running count)=-4*(number of decks)
count tag for non-tens are +1
count tag for tens are -2

when 6 deck, total 312 cards.
C : number of cards dealt
N: number of non-ten cards dealt
T: number of ten cards dealt
number of cards in shoe = 312-C
number of decks in shoe = (312-C)/52
RC=-24+N-2T
N+T=C
probability of insurance win = P

after some calc,
TC=52*(-24+C-3T)/(312-C)
then (52+TC)/156=
by computation,
=(96-T)/(312-C)
this is equal to density of ten cards in shoe =P

Kelly optimal insurance bet = BR*(3P-1)/2=
by computation,
=BR*TC/104

stopgambling

I asked for advice in another thread , glad that someone brought this up .is there a way to use hi-lo and ten count for insurance ,how hard is it???????? plus can anybody suggest a more accurate way to deal with 16 vs 10 and 15 vs 10 ,possibly keep track of 4s and 5s.

stopgambling said:
I asked for advice in another thread , glad that someone brought this up .is there a way to use hi-lo and ten count for insurance ,how hard is it???????? plus can anybody suggest a more accurate way to deal with 16 vs 10 and 15 vs 10 ,possibly keep track of 4s and 5s.
16 v 10 the index is zero for most balanced counts. No TC conversion required. Going to a level 2 count that weights 4 and 5 higher than other low cards would help. Using the two counts together would probably require 2 players working as a team.