wut's dis "KISS III" ish? nevva herd of it. NT

EyeHeartHalves

thanx but...

anyone wanna give me a crash course or be a little more descriptive before i purchase yet another cc book?

is it unbalanced or balanced? is it multi-parameter or single? what are the count values?

anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. (No, not stoned--just a lazy typer.)

eps6724

It's an unbalanced count. Basically, it's a deeper look at the red7 (and credit is given to Snyder for the idea).

The book (Blackjack Bluebook II) I found to be very easy to read. Yes, some of it was simple, and I know a lot of advanced players breezed through it, but as for myself (and a number of others here) it cleared up a LOT.

I had started on red7 because i had first read snyder's Blackbelt in Blackjack. BB II just fleshed it out.

Oh, the BIG difference is red7-count red 7's, where KISS has the black 2's counted. (black 2's, all 3,4,5 & 6 =+1, 10 & a -1).

Hope it helps, and sorry 'bout the 'bot' crack!
(Ohhh, sorry about THAT one, too!)
-EPS

Last edited:

rogue1

if

If I had to destroy all my blackjack books except just one Blackjack Bluebook II is the one I'd keep without question.

eps6724

letsdothis21 said:
just a random question but why would the color matter?
As near as I can tell, nothing. Counting the half-rank just gives it the offset balance it needs. It can be done by counting EVERY 7 (or 2) as a half, but counting in whole numbers is a lot easier!

Also, looking for a 'red' or 'black' is a WHOLE lot easier than counting by suit!
Hope this answers the question.

Kaiser

BB II is the reason I'm still playing blackjack. It's a great system and easy to learn. There are a *lot* of other nuggets of info in there beyond straight counting, too.

God, I'm praising the guy so much I'm just waiting for someone to say they think I'm actually him, trying to sell books. :laugh:

Seriously though, if a friend wants to read about card counting, this is the book I tell them to buy.

I think ct. systems r like beer or cigarette brands.

Most people seem to pick one system pretty early on and just stick with it. Personally, it's obvious and it sounds like Red Sevens is inching closer to halves with this Kiss III where you count 2s. (But forgive me, I'm not saying it's not original. Gotta love Arnold. Just saying I appreciate and understand your explanation of Kiss III.)

No prob wit da cracks. (Hey, maybe I am a pot smokin pit boss? Just a lil joke.)

I never heard of this "Bj Bluebook II." I own "Blueprint to Bj." Is this the sequel??? Well, either way, it doesn't matter cuz u guys are raving about it so much, i guess i'll go buy it. I won't be using the count system but you guys think there's other useful info. in this book???

I personally recommend P.B. to every one if they express interest and then get back to me on it. So far, none of my friends were ever interested enough to actually buy it and read it. However, recommending a real bj book to someone and seeing if they get it really weeds out the half-hearted.