Zen count

MasterofNone

I have recently switched from HiLo to Zen as I am playing more DD along with 6 and 8 deck shoes.

My concern is I used HiLo for years to enable switching from shoe games to SP21 (using Kat Count).

Would appreciate opinion on using Zen for SP21 as i would like to stick to one count as i roll from shoe to pitch to SP21.

As always,

Regards, MoN

assume_R

Any balanced blackjack count which considers 10's won't be balanced when switching to a game without tens. So to use Zen it would be an unbalanced count which doesn't start at 0. You can true count or not true count it (Kat shows how to true count an unbalanced count in her book).

Honestly, it won't matter too much if you use zen in unbalanced form, but the key things will be:

1. Coming up with the correct indices
2. Coming up with the correct index adjustments for all the bonuses
3. Knowing the betting ramp at each RC or unbalanced TC (and associated RoR, etc.).

None of which are particularly easy to generate yourself. The HiLo indices and adjustments will not work if you want to use zen. So unless you're able to do all those 3 things, I'd recommend not changing from the Kat count which is published and a very sound count.