csm's & shoe games

sagefr0g

the wizard of odds site shows a slight reduction in house edge for a basic strategy player against a csm. see link below:
http://wizardofodds.com/blackjack/appendix10.html
0.02% improvement for a six deck game. not much but anyway i've a question about all of this. apparently i'm not understanding something fundamental about true counts and/or how csm's operate.
i ran a simulation for a 6D s17 das lsr nrsa 75%pen game
it had two players one played basic strategy, the other wonged in and out never playing at a TC <= -1 , played illustrious 18 departures and 1:8 unit spread.
the basic strategy player yields a -0.53% advantage.
173839329 rounds played for the basic strategy player.
the counter yields 1.26% advantage.
73443534 hands played for the counter.
also for the counter at tc<=0 the advantage is -0.29% after 8403220 hands played at tc<=0 .
ok whats throwing me here is i allways thought that playing against a csm was like playing at a true count of zero essentially against a shoe game that is shuffled after every round.
by what wizard of odds is showing playing against a csm of the game above would yield a advantage of circa -0.51% .
but when i look at the advantage statistic for the wonging counter at tc<=0 the advantage is only -0.29% .
so there is a 0.22% advantage differance between the wonging counter playing only at tc<=0 as opposed to the basic strategy player against a csm.
what am i missing here? apparently my assumption that playing a shoe at tc=0 is for all intents and purposes the same as playing against a csm is incorrect? can anyone sort out my confusion here?

best regards,
mr fr0g :D

Last edited: