KO RC-TC spreadsheet - revised

Thanks to 21forme and Mimosine for coming up with the original spreadsheet that shows the true count for given KO 6-deck running counts & decks remaining. I have revised the spreadsheet to make it more flexible. You can now specify your own initial running count, wong out TC, and two bet raising TCs. The body of the spreadsheet will then change automatically, and you'll get a nice color-coded view of everything. It's cool...you can really see how the TC comes into focus as the cards are dealt.

I had comments on the cells that you can fill in, but when I scrubbed my personal info out of the spreadsheet, it removed the comments. Change only the 4 fields that are not in the body of the table.

Now we just need somebody with some sim software to replace the TCs with player's advantage/disadvantage. That's what I really would like to see...to know my advantage at any point in the game.

Enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited:

Mimosine

KO-Rob,

That looks great! a vast improvement on my initial attempt!

I filed it away in my BJ folder, i'm sure it will get a lot of use. How did YOU scrub your data from the excel file, i always wonder/worry about how effective that is, even photoshop is problematic in this regard sometimes....

-M.

21forme

Rob - Thanks. Definitely an improvement on mine, too. Excel came with the computer and it was the first time I ever used it. Obviously, you know what you're doing with it :)

removing personal data from Microsoft document

I looked up how to clean my spreadsheet just for this instance. I knew that when I have checked File, Properties for any Word/Excel/other MS documents, I always saw the name from my XP login in there. Not good when we like to be a little stealthy at times. Call me overly cautious. :)

Mighty Google led me to this link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...ED-D43E-42CA-BC7B-5446D34E5360&displaylang=en

This is a free add-on you can download that works for Windows XP and at least Office 2002/2003. (It seems to say 2003 in a few places in the write up, but it worked for my Excel 2002.) Once I installed this, I had a new option on the File pulldown in Excel that says "Remove Hidden Data". It seemed to remove all the owner/author fields (good), but as a side effect, removed some helpful cell comments I had in the spreadsheet (willing to live with it).

Mimosine

KO-Rob said:
I looked up how to clean my spreadsheet just for this instance. I knew that when I have checked File, Properties for any Word/Excel/other MS documents, I always saw the name from my XP login in there. Not good when we like to be a little stealthy at times. Call me overly cautious. :)

Mighty Google led me to this link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...ED-D43E-42CA-BC7B-5446D34E5360&displaylang=en

This is a free add-on you can download that works for Windows XP and at least Office 2002/2003. (It seems to say 2003 in a few places in the write up, but it worked for my Excel 2002.) Once I installed this, I had a new option on the File pulldown in Excel that says "Remove Hidden Data". It seemed to remove all the owner/author fields (good), but as a side effect, removed some helpful cell comments I had in the spreadsheet (willing to live with it).
thanks for the info... i couldn't find the equivalent for my mac, but i have a pc next to me that i can just shuffle the file onto and scrub in the future :)

golfnut101

using chart

How much gain to be had using this vs. exit strategies suggested in book ? I'm struggling a bit with the chart; could you expound a bit ? Much appreciated

Mimosine

golfnut101 said:
How much gain to be had using this vs. exit strategies suggested in book ? I'm struggling a bit with the chart; could you expound a bit ? Much appreciated
for me i use the chart to determine a few key points in the game where stright KO doesn't give you all the information.

the dark red regions show points where the TC is significanly negative such that you should LEAVE the table.

the light green regions show where you should increase your bets to 2X.

in "KO blackjack" the authors describe the 3 key wongout points for 6D which correspond to the values in the chart. -22 for 1 deck gone, -17 for 2 deck, etc. if the counts are these numbers or lower at these checkpoints then you should leave the table.

similarly, if the count is -8 with 1 deck gone, then you have the advantage and should either WONG IN with a 2 unit bet, or ramp your bet to 2 units.

the edge these give you is significant but not quantifiable by me.