hope for hole carding?

Whats this post doing here? This is SCIENCE NOT VOODOO!
I will say that the times that I've played flashing dealers, sometimes the flash is so fast that at first I couldn't be
sure that I saw it. I think that a mechanism like this story came into play. It was borderline intuitionesque. zg

sagefr0g

zengrifter said:
Whats this post doing here? This is SCIENCE NOT VOODOO!
I will say that the times that I've played flashing dealers, sometimes the flash is so fast that at first I couldn't be
sure that I saw it. I think that a mechanism like this story came into play. It was borderline intuitionesque. zg
subliminal maybe? or intuitionesque. put it all together, maybe you were counting or just saw what you saw as the pack was dealt. then saw the dealer flash. was that card what you thought it was or was it what you saw it was? lol . or did it make sense so you thought it was what you saw? :rolleyes:

but anyway sigh :
http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showpost.php?p=83461&postcount=2

sagefr0g

hope Sonny doesn't read this lol

zengrifter said:
..I will say that the times that I've played flashing dealers, sometimes the flash is so fast that at first I couldn't be
i think i've had that sort of experience while fuzzy counting.
but to me what this guy Mark Changizi is saying is that somehow we percieve the future while other commentators take it to mean see into the future.
big differance really. to where the perception might be right or wrong. but what ever seems if Changizi is correct then the brain or visual mechanisms are pretty darn good at percieving what the future is gonna be.
so what my lame thoughts are is that the brain can be a pretty good guesser with out a real lot of conscious calculation.
so i dunno for the hole card issue it just seems that having it in mind to want to know what that hole card is might be half the battle won. i mean who the heck goes around wanting to know what a hole card is? not too many people, not to many blackjack players or even card counters. lol i think if i was to ever see a hole card i'd be so stunned i wouldn't have the foggiest what to do. not so common a thing as say catching a fly ball or crossing a busy highway. so it would seem a lot of practice and preparation would be in order for the would be hole carder.
but the guessing what the hole card might be especially if your watching for it and maybe like you was saying it's so fast your not really sure what you saw. so but maybe your past experience and other things you know about the whole situation and subconcious or conscious reasoning might just be enough to give you a confidence as to what that card is. just a perception but maybe a high probability that it's correct. that aspect is interesting.