Wong out using Red-7 in shoe game?

nottooshabby

Hello,

I am new to this forum and have really learned a lot of great tips from the folks here. I have been using Red-7 recently over Hi-Lo lite and find that it's just easier to use with similar results. My question is, since my count starts at -12 in a 6-deck game, is there a number at which I should leave the game if I haven't been backcounting? Say -18 after a few hands? -16 after a deck has come out? I have read "Blackbelt", "Big Book", Renzey's "Bluebook II", and Kevin Blackwood's book, and haven't seen anything addressing this. I usually don't like to play with any more than two players; game is S17, DOA, DAS, no surrender, no resplit aces, 75% penetration. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Renzey

nottooshabby said:
Hello,

I have been using Red-7 recently. My question is, since my count starts at -12 in a 6-deck game, is there a number at which I should leave the game if I haven't been backcounting? Say -18 after a few hands? -16 after a deck has come out? I have read "Blackbelt", "Big Book", Renzy's "Bluebook II", and Kevin Blackwood's book, and haven't seen anything addressing this.
Page 154 of Bluebook II suggests to wong out of a 6 deck shoe after 1.5 decks have been played if the running count is 5 points below your starting count. This guideline is for the KISS III Count which mechanically, is the same as Red 7. The recommendation was just a single checkpoint tool and produces a true count of -1.8 at that shoe level. Since the IRC for KISS III is "9" and the IRC for Red 7 is "-12", you'd wong out with KISS III at "4" and with Red 7 at "-17" -- if you wanted to wong out at -1.8 true when 1.5 decks have been dealt.

Other wongout points can be readily established just by noting that with either system, the RC should rise by 2 points with each dealt deck. If you wanted to wong out at about -1.6 true with Red 7, those RC's would be "-18" with one deck gone; "-14" with two decks gone and "-11" with three decks gone.