Thought I hit the comp lotto yesterday!!!!

rennyboy

I got a letter from Paris/Rio yesterday to come in for free on Jan 2-5, they are giving back cash money or chips according to reward credits you earn those days, what was at the top of the letter almost floored me.
$3000 cash or $3000 in Live chips just for coming in!!! No min. time needed to play, get it as you walk in. Read the letter 15 times, called Paris after looking into flights, yea 40 people booked under that deal until it was caught, huge mistake, no cash or live chips, until your play finished, based on reward points earned, most people who booked were in the $300- $500 cash range, they honored the 40 they booked but nada for me, "you can still come down for the weekend if you like". I barely debated coming in for $3K, but no thanks now, I thought they should have at least offered me a little bone for their mistake, oh well, back to the grind

callipygian

I wouldn't be surprised if it weren't a mistake at all, and if they only honored the first few people who signed up for it. For the cost of $10,000, they're basically getting a ton of advertising all over the country from people posting the story.

I'm convinced this is what some airlines do - open up 2-3 seats at really low fares and send out a blanket E-mail. Hundreds of people get really excited and then sign up, only to find out that the offer is filled (or no longer valid). Some of those people will book at regular fares anyway, already having made plans, and many others will sign up on the mailing list to catch the next $19 flights.