Royal Match Side Bet

jimbiggs

I'm going to try the El Cortez in June. Can someone please explain the Royal Match side bet and at what point to bet it. Can I use hi/low or does it require a more advanced system?

Thanks.

The Royal Match SB is a very difficult proposition to bet advantageously. It has no correlation to a typical count system. For further info you should refer to Snyder's Big Book of BJ.

I strongly advise NOT to bet it!

The only version of RM that has any viability is the 1D 3/10 payoff version like Cortez features. The housEdge for 1D 3/10 version is 3.5% and unlike other SB schemes it never goes higher, but it does go lower and occaisionally favors the player.

In a nutshell there are a few convergent approaches:

1. When there is an excess of one suit depleted
2. When there is an overabundance of one suit remaining
3. When there is an excess of one color (red/black) depleted
4. When there is an excess of suited Ks/Qs remaining and one of the previous factors is apparent.

One simple count (again, NOT RECOMMENDED) is to count red cards +1 and black cards -1... whenever the RM RC is +7 (or higher) or -7 (or lower) you may place the RM bet.

Don't do it! zg

Ps - A much more beatable SB is the LLadies and its cousin the Royal20s (last seen only at Plaza). These SBs do correlate to the standard count - see previous posts this forum.

Last edited:

jimbiggs

I'll make sure not to bet it then. From what I've been able to understand, it's a side bet that you're first two cards will be suited, or same color, KQ?

jimbiggs said:
I'll make sure not to bet it then. From what I've been able to understand, it's a side bet that you're first two cards will be suited, or same color, KQ?
any suited = 3:1
k/q suited = 10:1

Thats the beatable version. zg