RA Indices and Amount Bet

assume_R

Do risk averse indices depend on how much you bet at each count? Or only on the EV and Var of each count?

For example, Player A uses a 1-10 spread and Player B uses a 1-20 spread. They'd each be betting different numbers of units at each count. Should they be using the same RA indices?

Only Worth So Much

I believe the indices can change depending on your bet, but there is not a lot to be gained in this thinking. Proper use of RA indices are worth about 1% to 2% in raising SCORE.

A new player should probably learn RA indices if available. If not available the EV indices are fine.

If you are a veteran it's a matter of choice if you want to put in the effort to learn RA indices in order to raise your SCORE 1% to 2%.

However:joker::whip:

Let's say an EV indice for a double play is 3 but the RA indice is 5. It does not matter much which you choose as long as your bet is within the same range. This is probably why light indices are effective, many indices have a range going from ev to ra anyway.

Hmmmm
What if you have a TC7 bet out? but the count is now 3,4 or 5?
Probably the answer is you do not double.:joker::whip:
So you may just want to make sure your bet TC corresponds with the indice TC you are contemplating using, this will often be the case anyway because of the TC theorem.:joker::whip: Also, this is not much of an issue if you have a low ror. If you bet full kelly with frequent resizing then this is more important because you can be overbetting your double in this scenario :joker::whip:

Bets Effect Indices

Very recently I had a doubling opportunity that was at the EV value but not the RA value.

I only play RA indices
I made the double
Why?

Because I had a much smaller bet out then the TC would indicate.

:joker::whip: