Spread question

Billy C1

Which thread can I direct a friend to, that gives bet ramping to be used as TC changes? (6 deck game)
Thanks in advance.

BillyC1

Billy C1

Thanks for the response. He doesn't want to buy anything and I know there are threads in the archives here that pertain to that.
I was trying to direct him to some of those threads.

BillyC1

NightStalker

bet the count

for s17,ds,ls,rsa game

Bet True Count*unit at every true count
unit=5,10,25,100,500,1000$ depends on your bank
for card counting game...

Zero

NightStalker said:
for s17,ds,ls,rsa game

Bet True Count*unit at every true count
I've seen this suggested ramp in more than a few places. Both blackjack science's and blackjack institue's videos advise a bet of (TC-1)*BU. When I first started out, I followed this advice. A few weeks later I purchased the CV suite and was stunned to discover that my betting ramp was -EV in the 8D H17 game I'd been playing. Spreading 25 to 250 at a 25min table, I wouldn't hit my max bet until TC 11, which is basically never. CVCX showed me I should hit my max bet at TC 3. Even spreading 25-500 I should optimally hit max bet at TC 4. The steepness of the ramp you choose is of course a personal decision based on what you think you can get away with, but CVCX is invaluable for showing you the optimal ramp.

Jack_Black

Billy C1 said:
Thanks for the response. He doesn't want to buy anything and I know there are threads in the archives here that pertain to that.
I was trying to direct him to some of those threads.

BillyC1
you can always use the search function on the top right of the page.

Or you can post all the details of the game, and I will calculate it for you. first one is free, after that it's $10.:grin:

Billy C1

Jack_Black said:
you can always use the search function on the top right of the page.

Or you can post all the details of the game, and I will calculate it for you. first one is free, after that it's $10.:grin:
Thanks again. I'll put him on to your advice. I told him to not be so cheap. That's all the "free" help he gets from me, too.

BillyC1

NightStalker

check it out

Zero said:
I've seen this suggested ramp in more than a few places. Both blackjack science's and blackjack institue's videos advise a bet of (TC-1)*BU. When I first started out, I followed this advice. A few weeks later I purchased the CV suite and was stunned to discover that my betting ramp was -EV in the 8D H17 game I'd been playing. Spreading 25 to 250 at a 25min table, I wouldn't hit my max bet until TC 11, which is basically never. CVCX showed me I should hit my max bet at TC 3. Even spreading 25-500 I should optimally hit max bet at TC 4. The steepness of the ramp you choose is of course a personal decision based on what you think you can get away with, but CVCX is invaluable for showing you the optimal ramp.

I've written for s17,ds,ls,rsa games..
If HE is more, than -1.. for 8d h17 games, I do -2...