KO RC-TC conversion table here...

Mimosine

damn this stupid vbcode/lack of html....
if anyone can recode this to look nice real quick help me out:

Code:
RC	Decks remaining				
[u]	 5	4	3	2	1         [/u]
[b]-22[/b]	[b]-1.2[/b]	-2.5	-4.7	-9.0	-22.0
[b]-17[/b]	-0.2	[b]-1.3[/b]	-3.0	-6.5	-17.0
[u][b]-12[/b]	0.8	0.0	[b]-1.3[/b]	-4.0	-12.0[/u]
[b]-8[/b]	[b]1.6[/b]	1.0	0.0	-2.0	-8.0
[b]-6[/b]	2.0	[b]1.5[/b]	0.7	-1.0	-6.0
[b]-4[/b]	2.4	2.0	[b]1.3[/b]	0.0	-4.0
-2	2.8	2.5	2.0	1.0	-2.0
0	3.2	3.0	2.7	2.0	0.0
2	3.6	3.5	3.3	3.0	2.0
[b]4	4.0	4.0	4.0	4.0	4.0[/b]
5	4.2	4.3	4.3	4.5	5.0
[i]7	4.6	4.8	5.0	5.5	7.0[/i]
10	5.2	5.5	6.0	7.0	10.0
15	6.2	6.8	7.7	9.5	15.0

last night after pondering a post about splitting 10's and a very thoughtful reply from another member here I began thinking about some other critical values for KO namely wongout & wongin points.

there was a post on here a few weeks ago where someone outlined 3 wongin points where the TC = ~ 1.5. Last night, with nothing better to do, and with these issues perturbing me i decided to actually make a KO RC-TC table for some key values to refine my implementation of KO. This table could very well have been generated elsewhere, in retrospect it is pretty obvious, though to date i haven't seen it anywhere else... necessity the mother of invention.

anyway, the KO RC-TC conversion i came up with which fits with all the numbers i've seen for a 6 deck game is:

TC = (RC+|IRC|-(4*#deckplayed))/#decksremain.

maybe this will help someone else, it has already helped me, espeically my understanding of when to wong in (BOLD), when to wong out (BOLD), and when to split tens (italics). Clearly some situations on this table will never materialize, but having a visual understanding of how the RC and TC rise with 5 decks vs 3 decks vs 1 deck makes a lot more sense to me, and is one of those finer points that my KO education has been missing. the -22 to -12 section are the wongout points, below -8 to -4 are the wong in points.

A lot of peoples' posts have stimulated my interest in trying to understand counting better, so thanks to you/them. I understand that KO isn't meant to be a balanced count, but in my opinion some key values were missing from "KO blackjack" collectively the posts on here and this table, if nothing else, illuminate those values to me.

hope this helps someone else. enjoy.
M.

Last edited:

21forme

Believe you're referring to my post from several weeks ago, or possibly Renzy's.

Thanks for the chart. I'll review (and convert) it when I get home tonite. Personally, I use their "rule or 5s" and start my count at -3, with key count and pivot at +15 and +20. I find it easier to deal mostly with + numbers.

Mimosine

21forme said:
Believe you're referring to my post from several weeks ago, or possibly Renzy's.

Thanks for the chart. I'll review (and convert) it when I get home tonite. Personally, I use their "rule or 5s" and start my count at -3, with key count and pivot at +15 and +20. I find it easier to deal mostly with + numbers.

yes, i think it was yours & Renzey's. sorry i couldn't recall who started the thread. having practiced so much with negatives, i get into trouble with positive counting.... it sucks.

simple excel spreadsheet. the formula i posted *should* work just fine after you adjust the IRC to |3| and adjust the RC figures on the left.